Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Slarth

Was never exactly going to be in the game today. Will form an opinion when we play against teams at out level

I feel exactly the same, he only got 45 mins against one of the top sides in the league. We'll see in time, but i'd still like another striker in though & Loven off the bench :)

In reply to some of the posts above, one of the best things about NUFC which fills me with pride is the way people from around the world embrace the club and dedicate themselves to it.  Who gives a shit whether you're able to go to every match or have a flat in Leazes/tattoos of the club on your ass, none of that matters in how well you rate a player or understand football. Obviously it can make a difference if you go to games and can see every player at any one time but not as much as people make out. I'm from Whitley Bay but I'm always grateful that people see something special in this club.

I was surprised in that first half, we ended up pumping balls long and that's why it was difficult for Ba in particular. We could do with full backs who bring the ball out better if we want to get the passing game on.

I'll put my marker down by saying he'll be about as popular as Shola by the end of the season.

Seems miles off the pace today and an Amoebi clone.

Good positive stuff, writing off a new signing within the space of 45 minutes.

People wrote off Obertan before he even arrived at the club!

Oddly enough people were comparing him to Shola too! Which is so unbelievable you can't even fathom it.

There is no footballer on Earth like Shola Ameobi. He is a one of a kind. And thank God for that.

I'll put my marker down by saying he'll be about as popular as Shola by the end of the season.

Seems miles off the pace today and an Amoebi clone.

Good positive stuff, writing off a new signing within the space of 45 minutes.

People wrote off Obertan before he even arrived at the club!

Oddly enough people were comparing him to Shola too! Which is so unbelievable you can't even fathom it.

There is no footballer on Earth like Shola Ameobi. He is a one of a kind. And thank God for that.

Yeah - Sir Alex Ferguson.

Amazing how so many people calling Ba awful failed to pick up on the fact that we were hoofing long balls at his head for the whole of the first half. He looks like he'll be a different player when you get people sliding balls through.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Amazing how so many people calling Ba awful failed to pick up on the fact that we were hoofing long balls at his head for the whole of the first half. He looks like he'll be a different player when you get people sliding balls through.

:thup:

He showed the willingness to, Barton and Cabaye tried a few in the first half. Will be a good player to have this year.

Pardew had his side out there today, with his signings all playing with his star striker who apparently cost more than we think.

If he's got other strengths then I'd suggest Pardew should find a way to use them.

He got the formation wrong in the first half but you know you've had a shitter when you're taken off ahead of Shola.

:thup:

He showed the willingness to, Barton and Cabaye tried a few in the first half. Will be a good player to have this year.

there was a couple of occasions where he took up great positions and was waiting for the pass but the service in general was terrible. I think he'll be fine when we actually start to play football. It was better in the second half.

Pardew had his side out there today, with his signings all playing with his star striker who apparently cost more than we think.

If he's got other strengths then I'd suggest Pardew should find a way to use them.

He got the formation wrong in the first half but you know you've had a shitter when you're taken off ahead of Shola.

I think the fault was with Pardew rather than Ba. We were still playing long ball football for 45 mins.