Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

I go on my holidays to Turkey in September, signing this lad will give me some craic with the waiters.

All I have every year is Emre, and sometimes a little bit of Tuncay.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think he's the main target myself. I'm suspicious because Pardew was too quick to talk about him and NUFC don't often speculate on players they are trying to sign these days. We've probably had him watched and he's probably a target but way down the list.

I don't think he's the main target myself. I'm suspicious because Pardew was too quick to talk about him and NUFC don't often speculate on players they are trying to sign these days. We've probably had him watched and he's probably a target but way down the list.

Agree with this, i said this earlier but I think Ba was a purely oppurtunistic signing judging by the first post in this thread and it doesn't make sense that we were only targeting erding as our main striker after gameiro obviously.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/19/saints-slap-a-10m-tag-on-toon-target-79310-28901523/

Saints slap a £10m tag on Toon target

Jun 19 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

PARIS SAINT GERMAIN have launched a last-ditch effort to keep Toon target Mevlut Erdinc in France.

As revealed in last week’s Sunday Sun, Newcastle bounced back from their Kevin Gameiro disappointment by stepping up their pursuit of Turkey striker Erdinc – who club insiders see as perfect foil for target men Shola Ameobi and Demba Ba.

However, although Erdinc is keen to talk to Newcastle about a move, PSG do not want to lose him.

They have told the 26-year-old they want him to stay and have slapped a £10million price tag on the forward, a fee United would be unwilling to cough up.

Instead, Newcastle will bide their time, aware they have other potential options to play alongside Ba or Ameobi next term.

United are quietly working through a five-man list of targets made up of Switzerland international Tranquillo Barnetta, Erdinc, Swansea left-back Neil Taylor and Kevin Nolan’s potential replacement Blaise Matudi.

Taylor is expected to be confirmed within 48 hours, but big fees would be required to secure most of the others – and United will want to haggle over them.

Newcastle have ended their interest in Wigan’s Charlie N’Zogbia while Chelsea’s £20million Dan Sturridge – although he has admirers at St James’ Park – is not a serious target.

The Sunday Sun also understands Stephen Warnock is NOT the man being ear-marked to replace Jose Enrique if he leaves Newcastle United.

Reports on Saturday claimed Enrique had opened negotiations with Arsenal, but he is yet to tell Newcastle what his intentions are for next season.

Meanwhile, the remaining two Amigos Jonas Gutierrez and Fabricio Coloccini are unlikely to leave the North East despite claims to the contrary yesterday.

Coloccini is reportedly a target for Primera Liga side Seville but there is no way they could afford to match his £80,000 plus wages at St James’ Park.

United ended their interest in Gameiro when informed of his £50,000-a-week wages.

A source close to Gutierrez told the Sunday Sun he did not want to leave.

He has two years left on his contract and wants to stay.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/866769-mevlut-erding-transfer-race-to-see-spurs-and-lille-hijack-newcastles-bid

Mevlut Erding transfer race 'to see Spurs and Lille hijack Newcastle's bid'

Newcastle's bid to secure the transfer of Paris Saint-Germain's Mevlut Erding could be under threat amid reports both Premier League rivals Spurs and French side Lille are plotting late offers for the striker.

Toon boss Alan Pardew has previously admitted an interest in Turkish international Erding, 24.

But a lack of progress during negotiations with the player's agent and his club have allowed other teams to steal a march on Newcastle.

And while Pardew remains in pole position to get his man, it seems ever-vigilant Spurs manager Harry Redknapp is showing an interest in luring the talented Turk to White Hart Lane.

However, both English clubs now face competition from Ligue 1 champions Lille, whose general manager Frederic Paquet admitted they are also considering putting in a cheeky bid.

'Mevlut Erding is a player that we are following,' Paquet told Mercato365.

'There is no contact, but we know about him. He's a great player.'

Earlier in the transfer window, Pardew - who has already sealed the signings of Sylvain Marveaux, Yohan Cabaye and Demba Ba - said he was closing in on Erding, but appeared to hint there had been difficulties in securing him.

'Erding has always been on our radar - he's a very good player but that is all I will say at the moment,' he said.

'We are working extremely hard to make deals happen and I'm pretty happy with how things have gone [in the transfer window] so far.'

My fkn god that droopy faced c***, he don't have scouts just stalkers that follow other clubs scouts. With any luck we can get this deal sorted and soon.

:lol:

My fkn god that droopy faced c***, he don't have scouts just stalkers that follow other clubs scouts. With any luck we can get this deal sorted and soon.

I reckon when he was mugged scouting Real Madrid a few months ago, that was Carr getting payback.

£10m for an out of form striker? No thanks. Next.

Chelsea paid £50 million for one tbf.

And?  Look how well that turned out.  :lol:

That's not really the point though is it? You can't write a player off after a poor season.

Alternatively Darren Bent looked poor in the first half of the season for Sunderland, only managing 5 goals from open play in 20 games for them yet when he went to Villa his game picked up completely and it was his goals that not only kept them up but had them finishing top half.

You seem to be down on this guy TT for some unknown reason.

And?  Look how well that turned out.  :lol:

That's not really the point though is it? You can't write a player off after a poor season.

Alternatively Darren Bent looked poor in the first half of the season for Sunderland, only managing 5 goals from open play in 20 games for them yet when he went to Villa his game picked up completely and it was his goals that not only kept them up but had them finishing top half.

No you can't, but is £10m a gamble worth taking (for us especially)? You mention Torres but do you think that was a good gamble and do you think he'll be back to where he was two seasons ago next season? I really am struggling to see where Torres comes in to this to make a point for out of form strikers and why we should buy one, if anything its an advert for not to buy. Bent fair enough, but really that was down to him wanting to be away and playing in a dog awful team riding its luck.

I've been through this a few times with others, I really do not get what we see in him, especially at this price. At £6m it was a gamble for me, at £10m its not even worth thinking about. That Al Arabi looks a much smarter player, something to compliment Ba if we play two up front.

And?  Look how well that turned out.  :lol:

No you can't, but is £10m a gamble worth taking (for us especially)? You mention Torres but do you think that was a good gamble and do you think he'll be back to where he was two seasons ago next season? I really am struggling to see where Torres comes in to this to make a point for out of form strikers and why we should buy one, if anything its an advert for not to buy. Bent fair enough, but really that was down to him wanting to be away and playing in a dog awful team riding its luck.

I've been through this a few times with others, I really do not get what we see in him, especially at this price. At £6m it was a gamble for me, at £10m its not even worth thinking about. That Al Arabi looks a much smarter player, something to compliment Ba if we play two up front.

My point was that other clubs don't seem to have a problem spending £10 million+ on an out of form player so why should we? Bent completely turned himself around at Villa and we'll have to see how Torres does when a new manager gets there but early days don't look too promising, that works both ways though and in form players have moved clubs and struggled to settle at all so I try to look more at ability rather than form, for instance what price would you put on Rooney since he only managed 8 league goals from open play last season?

For me it seems the club have tracked him for a long time now and I'm guessing they've seen plenty more of him than either of us, they don't seem to be put off by his poor season so why should we? While not being an out and out goalscorer he seems to have all of the attributes we've missed in a striker since Bellamy left.

It's hard to say what Torres will do until a new manager gets into Chelsea

And?  Look how well that turned out.  :lol:

My point was that other clubs don't seem to have a problem spending £10 million+ on an out of form player so why should we? Bent completely turned himself around at Villa and we'll have to see how Torres does when a new manager gets there but early days don't look too promising, that works both ways though and in form players have moved clubs and struggled to settle at all so I try to look more at ability rather than form, for instance what price would you put on Rooney since he only managed 8 league goals from open play last season?

For me it seems the club have tracked him for a long time now and I'm guessing they've seen plenty more of him than either of us, they don't seem to be put off by his poor season so why should we? While not being an out and out goalscorer he seems to have all of the attributes we've missed in a striker since Bellamy left.

Yep, the fact that Graham Carr and co have watched Erdinç for a while and seem to rate him is, for the time being, a good enough reason (well for me anyway) for us to sign him. Carr has a good track record with signings, see Tiote so I'm confident we'll be signing a good player (if we ever get that far).

I think Rooney is much more of a team player than an out an out goalscorer, unlike Torres. If Torres isn't scoring goals he's contributing fuk all, same cannot be said about Rooney. Rooney's private life was a huge factor, now that has settled and Giggs has nicely took all the pressure off him until his next screw up he'll be amongst the goals again next season. (I think Torres will be nowhere near as horrid next season either)

I don't know what type of player Erding really is, but it seems to me he's a goalscorer rather than a team player, a goalscorer who has buckled under pressure and expectations in front of his own fans, and isn't scoring enough goals in an inferior league to be worth double figures, especially as we know PSG have just bought his replacement.

:thup:

I like his acceleration and ability to stay onside, his runs are intelligent - he's clealry aware. He would definitely add to our options though I don't see him and Ba starting together too often given all the other players we are signing/targetting.

Guest firetotheworks

From The Chronicle:

'And in the chase for striker Mevlut Erding – who United see as perfect foil for Demba Ba and Shola Ameobi – Newcastle have been joined by Lille in the chase for the £10m-rated striker.'

Pass me the bucket. Both the one that Pardew's smoking if that's true and the one we'll all vom into if that happens.