Mevlüt Erdinç

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't really want this guy tbh, his record doesn't look that great and I don't have a very good feeling about him.

Admittedly I've never seen him play, which is why I'm not going around shouting about how shite he is.

From the Sun article...

He is their No 1 target and Pardew is desperate to bring him in before the Premier League season starts. Erdinc was voted PSG's Player of the Year last season, after bagging 23 goals.

:facepalm: He couldn't be more wrong if he tried. 23 in two seasons at PSG/player of the year in 2009-10.

My prediction: He is officially announced as an NUFC player on Monday, August 1.

Can't really see what all the fuss is about, Edinc`s agent doesnt have to come to Newcastle if he doesnt want. We can sign all the paperwork and fax stuff. Just would have been nice being Erdinc agent and all that he comes with him to Newcastle. Maybe he doesnt like the Ferry or Flying?

Wasn't Torres's record pretty average in Spain (fully expecting stats showing 4 goals a game now).

Yes, anyone judging a player by stats is a complete fucking mug.

There has always been, and always will be, only one way to judge a footballer, by watching them play football, simple.

Auclair certainly seems to have pretty good knowledge of Newcastle as a club, a lot more than most English commentators at any rate. He seems to rate Cabaye and Marveaux quite highly and while he didn't talk about Erdinc much what he did say was encouraging, basically how he'd had a couple of outstanding seasons before the one just ended where he became sidelined.

Guest bimpy474

I listen earlier, reckons Erding wants out of PSG, didn't really say to us but i think its a 2+2=4, he also reckons we have made very good buys in Marveaux, he absolutely raves about Cabaye.

He also said our approach to buying players is sensible as he reckons we had the worst transfer to value for money in total ever, our record has even made a book/study on transfers apparently, so bad our record has been.

I'd still feel mildly underwhelmed if he was our sole other signing up front. Dunno why, just get the impression that he's one of those plenty graft, 8 goals a season type forwards that so many sides have.

If he turns us down again and we end up with no-one/Sylvan Ebanks-Blake on loan or summat equally shite on deadline day I'll be fuming that we've wasted so much time on this guy.