Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

• 2 weeks later...

Beardsley says in tonights Chronicle that Marveaux, in his opinion, is going to be a superstar! Big praise indeed. Love Pedro, so I trust his judgement. Looking forward to seeing him proved right.  O0

Guest neesy111

Agreed, but think it will continue to be one injury after the next for him. Anything we get from him will be a bonus IMO.

All his injuries have been linked to his hip, so hopefully the last operation has sorted him out for good.

Guest neesy111

Got great hopes for Marveaux, he's absolute quality.

Same, has excellent ball control and looks like he oozes class when he's on the ball.

Guest reefatoon

Every time I see this thread bumped I expect it to read about a new injury :lol:

I looked in for the exact same reason. . . . . Stay safe tonight Mr Glass!!!

I've said it before on here, not that I am saying he is in the same class but his style of play reminds me a lot of David Silva's.

I agree with this. The way he lays off the ball with the outside of his foot and the comfort in possession and awareness of his surroundings is very Silva-esque.

His close control and passing looks brilliant. I'm concerned that he might get bullied out of games in the Premiership, but there's only one way to find out.

Seems to have quite a turn of pace when required also. Remember him skipping past for the penalty earlier in pre-season

To be fair to him the injury he got while playing for us was from a really shitty and dangerous challenge (or so I seem to remember).  It's not like he was running along and bam he was out for the year.

Wasn't it that dutch fella for Everton who tackled him from behind??? Caught he heel or achilles or something?