Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest Haris Vuckic

It was a horrible piece of play. I like Marveaux and have seen what he can do.... yesterday... yeah... he had some moments I guess.

I think he's got the ability but he doesn't look like he could give two shits.

Remember that picture of him in the dingi? That's his footballing philosophy.

No Manchester United player is allowed to shirk physical confrontations. From 1 to 11 they won't do it. They simply won't be out worked 90% of the time. Out of all their wingers Nani is the least receptive to 50/50's and he memorably got sent off for competing decently for one. With Valencia, Young, Welbeck, RVP and Rooney in advanced areas you can't pretend only Stoke players should be able to do anything off the ball.

He's not a Man U calibre player, if he was he would be playing for a CL club. He's got a lot of ability but he is never going to be a player who gets stuck in, it's just not in his make up. Our version of a hard working winger would be Jonas.

**sigh** you don't have to be a workhorse to contend a 50/50. He just plays like he's scared to get injured or something

Was never going to look good in a game like last night, especially with us set up the way we were.

So you must have a low estimation of him if he is going to struggle at that level of opposition ,a good footballer or team unless they are having an off day should not be made to look shit off Morecambe .Tbh i do not rate him that highly and his injury record has followed him from France .

Was never going to look good in a game like last night, especially with us set up the way we were.

So you must have a low estimation of him if he is going to struggle at that level of opposition ,a good footballer or team unless they are having an off day should not be made to look s*** off Morecambe .Tbh i do not rate him that highly and his injury record has followed him from France .

Morecambe wanted a physical,direct game and they got what they wanted (despite Pardew's pre-match comments). His passing ability and technical qualities are never likely to come to the fore in such a situation.

Marveaux is up there with our best players in terms of natural ability imo, but we might not see the best of him here (under Pardew)- I think people would be surprised at just how good he would look in a Swansea/Liverpool style team.

So you must have a low estimation of him if he is going to struggle at that level of opposition ,a good footballer or team unless they are having an off day should not be made to look s*** off Morecambe .Tbh i do not rate him that highly and his injury record has followed him from France .

Morecambe wanted a physical,direct game and they got what they wanted (despite Pardew's pre-match comments). His passing ability and technical qualities are never likely to come to the fore in such a situation.

Marveaux is up there with our best players in terms of natural ability imo, but we might not see the best of him here (under Pardew)- I think people would be surprised at just how good he would look in a Swansea/Liverpool style team.

We can and do make good players turn shit overnight  :iamatwat:

some talent yes, effort no. You'd think his far superior technical ability would shine through against a league 2 side regardless of whether he likes playing on the wing or not.

Fact is I've yet to see anything on any sort of consistent basis that show's why he's worth all the praise he gets on here. Flashe's here and there aren't enough.

I think he's perhaps the best example of the failing French experiment. Technically superior, easily worth his place in the squad and often the Xl due to shoddy competition, but ultimately completely without some of the imperative ingredients needed to perform well in the PL. Before anyone tags a needless stature stereotype to this post I'd urge you to compare him to the smaller Spanish players I see who are often frankly excellent off the ball.

In a decent, balanced, committed squad he'd be sidelined due to his weaknesses. Unfortunately we don't have one of them so because he can pick a pass & make a chance he should be a starter because he's the only one we've got.

Guest bimpy474

Marveaux is always too deep and played out of position, well positions he's not best suited to. Get him where Haris was the other night and it would be interesting to see. Not going to happen mind.

Can't say I was overly impressed with his performance. While he held up the ball fairly well, his movement off the ball was static and he didn't try to get into spaces to pick up the ball.

I noticed he improved in the first half but I'm reconsidering whether he's worth having in our starting eleven.

Not sure about him. Technically he's sound, but he never really looks like he wants to step up and influence the game. If he played with more energy he could be a great player.