Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

If you're Pardew though, do you favour Marveaux's flair and quality on the ball over Jonas' tactical discipline and work rate?

Depends who you're playing and what formation I suppose. I think I prefer Jonas at left back and in a central three to him down the left wing tbh, though he is important there against the better sides too.

It's difficult because in terms of player-for-player, Jonas looks one of the easiest to upgrade on in the first XI yet at the same time, he's one of our most important players. I know what I mean anyway. :lol:

You've got to find a place for him.

As limited as he is, Jonas is one of the first names on the team sheet just for what he brings to the team on match day.  It's a hard call, but I would like to find a place for both of them.

Definately would rotate them. Jonas was pretty ineffective 2nd half v Chelsea for example & our attacking play on that side relied on Santon. Marveaux combining with him instead would've made us more dangerous.

Jonas isn't very good at left back.

Did a fine job whenever he played there last season imo.

Was hopeless against Liverpool at home, constantly out of position.

Their left back was much more out of position iyam.

tbh. He hasn´t shown anything yet that would suggest that he is good enough to help our team to push on if we would miss anyone. And that still even a few of our first teamers isn´t good enough from the start.

Hope he gets more home games than Jonas as the lad seems to make things happen, Jonas works hard but just goes down a blind alley most of the time.

Use Jonas in away games and late on at home to sure things up.

Horses for courses.

Marveaux has to stay fit first but it is very nice to have options.

Hope he gets more home games than Jonas as the lad seems to make things happen, Jonas works hard but just goes down a blind alley most of the time.

Use Jonas in away games and late on at home to sure things up.

Horses for courses.

Marveaux has to stay fit first but it is very nice to have options.

We will never see it mind as Pardew sticks to his guns too much even if it means us looking totally static.

Going back to 4-4-2 with that group of players is just playing into the oppositions hands. As soon as it fails and we go behind we don't seem to change anything till late on and by then we might be further behind.

For me 4-2-3-1 would be best for us

Krul

Santon    Taylor  Colo    Perch

Tiote      Anita

Cabaye                    Marveux

Ben Arfa

Ba\Cisse

If we're going 4-4-2 at the weekend, i'd have him on the left ahead of Jonas all day long. Aside from the fact he looks dead classy, he's left-footed - plain and simple. We're so unbalanced in that formation that it borders on the ridiculous. Two right-footers down the left just doesn't work at all - and it's the same on the other side with Ben Arfa.

Gah, there really is so many reasons why 4-4-2 doesn't work for us. Fucking irritating.

If we're going 4-4-2 at the weekend, i'd have him on the left ahead of Jonas all day long. Aside from the fact he looks dead classy, he's left-footed - plain and simple. We're so unbalanced in that formation that it borders on the ridiculous. Two right-footers down the left just doesn't work at all - and it's the same on the other side with Ben Arfa.

Gah, there really is so many reasons why 4-4-2 doesn't work for us. Fucking irritating.

That's a by-product of having an english manager though.

I think Marveaux will be perfect for 4-3-3. One striker with Ben Arfa and Marveaux on either side would be devastating combo IMO. By dropping the second striker, not only do you accommodate an extra midfielder giving the wide players licence, you also have a top striker on the bench to change things up. Not to mention the 3rd striker option becomes less important.