Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Hatem is more of a dribbler and Marveaux is more of a passer and a playmaker and understands the #10 role better as were to position himself and decision making of when to pass and dribble.

Hatem relies more on his individual ability to beat a man rather than his"footballing IQ" like Marv.

Hatem also prefers to start outwide and come inside so more suited to a winger/inside forward role.

To me they are quite different.. Marv is more of an AM while Hatem is more of an inside forward.

I can see them both working wonderfully in tandem though.

To use an example Marveaux reminds me more of someone like Modric while HBA reminds me of someone like Robben (before his injuries).

Guest hatem garrincha

Hatem is more of a dribbler and Marveaux is more of a passer and a playmaker and understands the #10 role better as were to position himself and decision making of when to pass and dribble.

Hatem relies more on his individual ability to beat a man rather than his"footballing IQ" like Marv.

Hatem also prefers to start outwide and come inside so more suited to a winger/inside forward role.

To me they are quite different.. Marv is more of an AM while Hatem is more of an inside forward.

I can see them both working wonderfully in tandem though.

To use an example Marveaux reminds me more of someone like Modric while HBA reminds me of someone like Robben (before his injuries).

Good post. But Hatem plays very differently when he's #10. He dribbles less and looks for the pass more (second half against Fulham, Maritimo just before his injury)

I think Hatem is a versatile attacking player, who adapts his game to his position on the pitch.

I have to admit i have not seen HBA much as a 10 but when i have i find he looks claustraphobic and tries to dribble out of space too much instead of using intelligent off the ball movement to escape his markers.

To me he seems a lot more comfortable roaming into central areas rather than his starting position being there.

Perhaps its because hes harder to pick up that way but thats what i have noticed from my experience.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It was gorgeous. Nobbyesque.

Edit: dat pass.

Good shout...has nobbyesque qualities

More pace, but crossing still has a way to go

Massive positive from a tough week.  A nice thought just now is that Brendan Rodgers could be easing Marv into his team about now if we hadnt gotten the good end of the stalling/medicals/whatever when he signed for us.

Lots more to come from this guy

For Pardew to have had Marveaux behind Jonas etc all season long is an absolute disgrace  :rant:

This is one situation where you can absolutely say that we were right and the manager was wrong.

And none of this 'well maybe he was holding him back until he was ready' shite either, he categorically got it wrong and he does that far too often, see HBA last season.

Jonas will start on the wing ahead of Marveaux when he's back fit, as Pardew doesn't trust him defensively, and I don't totally blame him excepting for Jonas' poor form, not sure about Marveaux's tracking back. He's looked great in the central midfield, and if I were pardew i'd be seriously considering when fit having a marv - cabaye - anita midfield, not tough tackling but would defend with the ball.

Obertan should be on the wing ahead of Jonas atm tbh.

Guest neesy111

good player, Just  as Garham  Carr said he was

Wasn't it Llambias that said we should sign him? :lol:

Did Llambias go out to France and scout him then?

I don't think Carr did either considering he was injured for most of the previous 2 seasons ???  Also he had an agreement with Liverpool signed for months which fell through at his medical ???

I don't think Carr did either considering he was injured for most of the previous 2 seasons ???  Also he had an agreement with Liverpool signed for months which fell through at his medical ???

No he didn't,  he never had a medical at liverpool

Guest neesy111

He had agreed a contract with Liverpool months in advance though.

He had agreed a contract with Liverpool months in advance though.

no he didn't,  they were interested in him and thought he was going there but swerved it and came here.

top management from Pardew in his handling of Marveaux.  Eased him back into the team slowly,  let him get properly fit after coming back from an injury plagued 2-3 years.  Few months solid training and games with the reserves and odd cameos and now he has the strength and conditioning to impose himself on the PL and let his talent do the talking.

At the start of the season i don't think he could have played 2 games in short space of time let alone dominate parts of those games and look to dictate the play for us.