Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I wouldn't say Marveaux's actually a better passer of the ball, they both have excellent vision and technique and are pretty even in that regard. Marv's more patient though and picks his opportunities better, that's probably because he's simply less selfish.

HBA has more to his game and offers a greater variety of creativity however and for that reason, he just edges it for me. They're both very good at making openings though, it's goals where Hatem's got a better record.

Simply put, Marveaux makes better decisions. HBA doesn't have excellent vision as he's often head down. But when he looks up he can make any pass possible.

HBA is more talented but Marveaux is clearly more refined. Unfortunately for Marveaux, his personality isn't as dominant as HBA's and he lacks the blockbuster moments that would make Pardew understand how important he could be.

HBA is also more flexible tactically. RW, LW or in the hole he's great. Marv needs to be central or have licence to play centrally to be effective. HBA IMO is a forward where Marveaux is an attacking midfielder.

It boils down to that at the end of the day. HBA has a lot of other qualities but Marveaux sees things and executes them quicker than probably anyone else in the Newcastle squad, whether it's a pass or a flick. HBA when he gets the ball wants to hold onto it as long as possible, that's the difference. Marveaux might lack physicality, but on the ball he's a magician IMO.

His assist for Ba at the Emirates was probably my moment of the season.

Loved that but also assist vs Stoke for Cisse was lush. Actually the one against Anzhi was just as good

If he was fully fit and we found his right position we'd see how good he is.

IMO we have already seen how good he is, would love the see more of him in the midfield three.

Guest VanBarduck

Marveaux vs Anzhi on YT , probably one of his best games for us, he's definitely far more effective than Ben Arfa in terms of passing and decision making , IMO he's just as good as HBA technique-wise however he doesn't have the physical attributes to beat more than 2 or 3 players in a row as hatem does. I sincerely hope his frequents injuries can be sourted out, he could be a massive player for us...

Marveaux vs Anzhi on YT , probably one of his best games for us, he's definitely far more effective than Ben Arfa in terms of passing and decision making , IMO he's just as good as HBA technique-wise however he doesn't have the physical attributes to beat more than 2 or 3 players in a row as hatem does. I sincerely hope his frequents injuries can be sourted out, he could be a massive player for us...

He beats one or two fairly regularly imo. And that's all you need, do one player then pass it forward. Was it Wigan 3-0, goes past one, waits until the last possible moment to lay the ball off to make sure the second defender commits to a challenge.

HBA can beat 3 or 4. But most likely, he'll get tackled by the 3rd man. That's my biggest gripe about his game. Just doesn't know when to release it. He's 26 now. Needs to sign a new long-term contract, eat good and play hard. If his game matures he could be world class.

Guest VanBarduck

He beats one or two fairly regularly imo. And that's all you need, do one player then pass it forward. Was it Wigan 3-0, goes past one, waits until the last possible moment to lay the ball off to make sure the second defender commits to a challenge.

HBA can beat 3 or 4. But most likely, he'll get tackled by the 3rd man. That's my biggest gripe about his game. Just doesn't know when to release it. He's 26 now. Needs to sign a new long-term contract, eat good and play hard. If his game matures he could be world class.

You're right. I think Ben arfa have a lot to learn from Marveaux, actually with his talent and abilities (dribbling, strengh and long-range shooting) and Marveaux style of play( which is not far different from Ben Arfa's one tbh ) he could be the best player in the league IMO.

:drool:. Would be absolutely gutted to see him go. He's more than good enough to be a permanent fixture in the team, and absolutely one of our most naturally talented players imo.

Guest bimpy474

I like Marv, good on the ball, eye for a pass. And i just love to watch him play. Fit he should be in the team, but it's the fit bit he has a bit trouble with.

Guest bimpy474

Cabaye's replacement then? If we did end up getting Aubameyang, I think Tiote (or replacement), Sissoko, Marveaux/Anita, with HBA, PEA & Cisse could work.

They all look ok, i think with Marv though, Pardew just doesn't fancy him as much as say Tiote or even Perch. He just has to have that tackle in there. And even when he had Tiote in there, he still picked Perch instead of Marv.

I really do worry about Pardew's thinking with players within certain systems.

I think people are giving Pardew a bit too much credit with this fitness stuff. The amount of minutes Marveaux was on the pitch versus how many he was available for (which was the vast, vast majority) was criminal. I'm not saying he should have played 90 minutes every week but he sat on the bench for weeks at a time in a few instances, while vastly inferior players were out on the pitch, playing like shit.

Guest bimpy474

I think people are giving Pardew a bit too much credit with this fitness stuff. The amount of minutes Marveaux was on the pitch versus how many he was available for (which was the vast, vast majority) was criminal. I'm not saying he should have played 90 minutes every week but he sat on the bench for weeks at a time in a few instances, while vastly inferior players were out on the pitch, playing like shit.

Aye spot on, Jonas ahead of Marv be it in the middle or our left for that matter, just ridiculous. I know managers have favourites but to continue to pick players playing so poorly shows how bad pardew's judgement can be at times.

Cabaye's replacement then? If we did end up getting Aubameyang, I think Tiote (or replacement), Sissoko, Marveaux/Anita, with HBA, PEA & Cisse could work.

They all look ok, i think with Marv though, Pardew just doesn't fancy him as much as say Tiote or even Perch. He just has to have that tackle in there. And even when he had Tiote in there, he still picked Perch instead of Marv.

With no Cabaye though, he might fancy him or Anita as the 'creative spark' from the midfield.

Guest bimpy474

With no Cabaye though, he might fancy him or Anita as the 'creative spark' from the midfield.

True, i'm hoping Pardew has a long look at last season and realises his errors, then again Pardew might go with Perch, Tiote and Jonas  :scared:

I'm kind of hoping if Cabaye goes we don't replace like for like instead put Anita next to Sissoko and sign a more offensive midfielder.

Strangely it might actually be more balanced than any midfield we have now.

Not if Anita continues to get bullied and go missing.

I think Sissoko will help a lot with that plus also i find Cabaye and Anita far too imbalanced they both do similar things and i think Anita would perform better without Cabaye.

Would obviously keep Cabaye above all else but if the scenario takes place that is what i'd do personally.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 1m

Another to go from #nufc? Sylvain Marveaux not sure of future at Newcastle http://bit.ly/17HMxjI

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

Sylvain Marveaux not sure of future at Newcastle United

3 Jul 2013 08:25

Newcastle United winger Sylvain Marveaux is keen to stay at St James' Park and is looking for assurances on his first-team future

Sylvain Marveaux is looking for assurances on his first-team future amid interest from France, Russia and Germany, The Journal can reveal.

The winger is understood to be keen to stay at St James’ Park but feels he needs to play more to get his career back on track after a stint on Tyneside plagued by injuries.

His representative has fielded calls from CSKA Moscow and clubs in France and the Bundesliga enquiring about his availability.

However, having lost several fringe players already – James Perch’s move to Wigan was in its final stages yesterday – United will not want to lose Marveaux.

The winger is one of the non- international players due to return to the training ground this week as United’s players filter back for pre-season medical tests.

They will not step on to the training pitches until Saturday, however, when Alan Pardew and his coaching team will oversee his first session of the  summer.

Director of football Joe Kinnear had hoped to have his first signing on board by then but United’s long- standing interest in one striker has ended.

United are assessing their options after losing out on Pierre- Emerick Aubameyang, who has joined Borussia Dortmund after the Bundesliga club reached an agreement with St Etienne.

United had been in contact with the Ligue 1 club over the last 10 days but do not appear to have been involved when things heated up over the last 48 hours.

They had been encouraged by agents working on his behalf – and by Aubameyang himself – in the last week, but Mike Ashley appears keen to recruit within a budget again.

An £18m asking price was always likely to be beyond Newcastle but it will still be disappointing for United fans who remain deeply sceptical about the appointment of Kinnear as director of

football. Kinnear was not helped by more quotes yesterday in which he proclaimed his credentials for the job, with delivering a first signing essential to answering questions about his own credibility.

The Journal understands  initial discussions on recruitment were focused on United’s need for more of a Demba Ba-style target man.

Having not entered the race to sign Andy Carroll, they have expressed interest in André-Pierre Gignac of Marseille.

Ajax’s Siem de Jong was a January target but he is more of a ‘number ten’. He is looking for a new challenge this summer.

Meanwhile, Pardew will also seek talks with midfielder Yohan Cabaye next week after a worrying flurry of summer stories claiming he wants to leave Newcastle.

United’s official website published an interview with the France international in which he claimed the club would come back stronger than ever.

He said: “It was a difficult season for us. We started quite well and then had a big hole where we were losing a lot of games.

“We had a lot of injuries to players as well, with big players missing, and that was hard when we were playing in the Premier League and the Europa League.

“Yet we fought together, stayed together and fought to be a Premier League squad next season which is the most important thing.

“We have to learn from our mistakes but the main thing was safety and the club staying in the Premier League. For the future,  we learnt a lot.”

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sylvain-marveaux-not-sure-future-4861981