Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

I find this one hard to believe, even though I accept Pardew loves cloggers more than creative types. It doesn't make sense on any level, except if Marveaux spat in his face in training or something. Very weird.

Not Pardew's fault is what you mean ?

No, not at all, I just find it genuinely hard to fathom. Like I saw, I know he's a lover of the hard working player but I just don't think there's any possible way he can actually believe that Marveaux did anything wrong in the last game. Guess we don't know what happened exactly, the result is extremely weird though.

I imagine he layed into them and they both, rightly, gave it back in defending themselves. Which has now lead to a Bellamy-Souness type deal, where to the detriment of the team, Pardew's ego won't allow him to back down and admit he's in the wrong.

If Marv & HBA don't play i'm certain Pardew will end up getting sacked by the end of the season for two reasons. Firstly, they'll be on a combined 60-100k a week, that's a lot of value wasted to Mike. Neither will be easy to shift for good/decent money either. Secondly, we need both of them to have a decent end to the season. Without them, we are sure to get closer to the chasing pack and finish 11th again.

I think Pards used them when we were short in numbers, but now Tiote and Remy are back he probably feels it's safe to give them the cold shoulder again. He doesn't rate them and I doubt they rate him. Pardew will stick with the players who he knows will work to his prehistoric gameplan, and Marveaux is definitely not one of those.

The ex-Rennes star played just a cameo role but was understood to have came under fire during Alan Pardew’s post-match debrief along with Hatem Ben Arfa.

:anguish:

I'd love to know what happened here. 'Understood' is kind of worryingly vague. If true it's ludicrous obviously.

FYI If everyone tracks backs as Pardew appears to advocate then it's very difficult for us to transition to attack as we have no attacking outlets up field

We know, we see it on the pitch every week. It's know as the Pardew Gameplan.

I imagine he layed into them and they both, rightly, gave it back in defending themselves. Which has now lead to a Bellamy-Souness type deal, where to the detriment of the team, Pardew's ego won't allow him to back down and admit he's in the wrong.

If Marv & HBA don't play i'm certain Pardew will end up getting sacked by the end of the season for two reasons. Firstly, they'll be on a combined 60-100k a week, that's a lot of value wasted to Mike. Neither will be easy to shift for good/decent money either. Secondly, we need both of them to have a decent end to the season. Without them, we are sure to get closer to the chasing pack and finish 11th again.

I think Pards used them when we were short in numbers, but now Tiote and Remy are back he probably feels it's safe to give them the cold shoulder again. He doesn't rate them and I doubt they rate him. Pardew will stick with the players who he knows will work to his prehistoric gameplan, and Marveaux is definitely not one of those.

Moussa, Tiote and Anita will struggle to create anything. We'll be in poorish form till the end of the season. Especially when moral drops.

Guest bimpy474

FYI If everyone tracks backs as Pardew appears to advocate then it's very difficult for us to transition to attack as we have no attacking outlets up field

Is quite unbelieveable some people still need this confirmed despite what they see on the pitch every week. Not a dig at you R0cafella, you knew this already ;)

Is quite unbelieveable some people still need this confirmed despite what they see on the pitch every week. Not a dig at you R0cafella, you knew this already ;)

Was just putting it out their for those that don't :)

Guest bimpy474

Was just putting it out their for those that don't :)

Aye ;)

Yet another damning indictment of Pardew and our coaching staff's complete inability to man manage. Throw him on the list with Hatem, Cabaye, Tiote, Cisse, Obertan (although he was pretty much lost when he came here) and Gutierrez. Lets not forget all the promising youngsters we have all but now written off.

So we are down two goals, and you send on Ben Arfa and Marv to try and get something back, and you think they're going to go out there and start tracking back?

Makes perfect sense.

No man, it's because they didn't try hard enough for a guy that unceremoniously dropped one out of the team and unceremoniously dropped the other out of the squad altogether. Until the transfer policy and club structure he backs dropped him in the shit of course (though without Europa League this season I'm not sure how this is possible) and he needed them.

Cabaye's a bad example, he was playing class.

Yeah after a year of him playing poorly and mentally being a wreck he worked things out himself. Likewise Tiote. Maybe I am being overly harsh and maybe our coaching staff did well and it needed to take over a year to get him through it. He was class previous to coming here too lets not forget.

Cabaye's a bad example, he was playing class.

Yeah after a year of him playing poorly and mentally being a wreck he worked things out himself. Likewise Tiote. Maybe I am being overly harsh and maybe our coaching staff did well and it needed to take over a year to get him through it. He was class previous to coming here too lets not forget.

Tiote was ruined for a season by Pardew the C***. Remember him saying after the season we finished 5th that he thought that HE could get more out of Tiote as a creative player pushed further up the pitch.  :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2: lo and behold, Tiote was pushed ahead of Cabaye-who therefore also suffered-and he had a shocking season.

Pardew just couldn't leave it alone. he had to show everyone it was all about HIM. This is the genius who played Shola on the wing against West Ham too.

What a useless sack of sh** he really is!

(sorry, wrong thread but me anger is spilling over!)

Another top notch move from Pards like. I mean surely our precocious 17 year olds can learn loads from a disenfranchised technical French guy. Masterstroke. It's all part of the plan...

Guest neesy111

If he's this useless (and I don't agree but whatever) then we should have got rid in the first week of January. If nothing else it would have freed up wages for someone else.

I'm sure they tried to get rid of him, not many takers (I suspect we wanted takers to pay all his wages even on loan).

Pardew had lost all credibility from me a long time ago. I can't agree with really anything he does or says anymore because his word is bull shit. His decisions are generally bull shit and he's incapable of proving otherwise. The idea that Marv is no training with the youth team is absurd; esp if creativity is an issue and we've not scored a single goal in some time.