Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Don't call me out :lol:

I have a lot of affection for Marv, i'm one of those posters where 'he gets better everytime he doesn't play' :love:

If we are picking on usernames though...SANTOoN...  Just wait till a few years down the line and somebody is laughing at you  ;)

And how much of this is down to management? How many creative players have regressed under this clown? Or needlessly benched? Cabaye is the only one who bucked that trend, and Pardew did his best to flog him every time he was on camera.

Our 'flair players' are having their careers ruined by the man who's supposed to be managing them. This was Marveaux's 3rd pointless cameo appearance this month, coming on with 20 minutes to go when we were 2-0 down. The other 2 were against Chelsea (3-0 down with 5 minutes to go) and Sunderland (2-0 down with 15 minutes to go). You have to go back to September for his last league appearance before the mackems.

Our 'flair players' are having their careers ruined by the man who's supposed to be managing them. This was Marveaux's 3rd pointless cameo appearance this month, coming on with 20 minutes to go when we were 2-0 down. The other 2 were against Chelsea (3-0 down with 5 minutes to go) and Sunderland (2-0 down with 15 minutes to go). You have to go back to September for his last league appearance before the mackems.

I seen him once in a reserve match and he was s**** there as well, like. Would help his cause if he stood out head and shoulders in that league but it was just half arsed. Suppose that mixes in with his general attitude though. Even Jonas looked a class above in the reserves when i seen him before he left :lol:

Nobody is expecting him to set matches alight but displaying a basic level of effort would be nice. Realise we are desperate for some creativity in the team but it shouldn't mean there is a ban on questioning the attitude of our 'flair players'. Wanting to see players mildly interested in playing for the club doesn't equate to spunking over the thought of 11 Cattermoles raging about the pitch.

Bimpy, to answer your bizzare Shola questioning, I don't want him in the team any more than I want Marveaux in the team. He may have influenced my username but I'm pretty sure, for example, that WarrenBartonCentrePartin isn't in favour of the the exhumation and signing of our former fullback.

Foluwashola, my real gripe with this Marveaux thing is that I don't see how he shows any less interest than Shola, who continues to be praised to the hilt and given 90 mins way too often.

I have no doubt that if Marv was given the same opportunities as Shola, he would have a greater impact on our play. No question. Because Shola has no impact whatsoever, and hasn't for a while.

This is ultimately what bothers me, and I hate to get so annoyed with Shola because he isn't picking himself, but then the frustration just spills over.

I cannot understand Pardew in this instance, because what he is doing isn't fair and doesn't make sense.

Guest bimpy474

Nobody is expecting him to set matches alight but displaying a basic level of effort would be nice. Realise we are desperate for some creativity in the team but it shouldn't mean there is a ban on questioning the attitude of our 'flair players'. Wanting to see players mildly interested in playing for the club doesn't equate to spunking over the thought of 11 Cattermoles raging about the pitch.

Bimpy, to answer your bizzare Shola questioning, I don't want him in the team any more than I want Marveaux in the team. He may have influenced my username but I'm pretty sure, for example, that WarrenBartonCentrePartin isn't in favour of the the exhumation and signing of our former fullback.

It wasn't bizarre, i asked you your opinion on Shola and you never gave it, you now have. That's it really.

If his attitude is as bad as some are saying here, it makes you wonder how our much feted scouting system failed to pick this up. Unless of course we just signed him anyway hoping to make some money. Or the manager hasn't managed him very well. Dunno.

If his attitude is as bad as some are saying here, it makes you wonder how our much feted scouting system failed to pick this up. Unless of course we just signed him anyway hoping to make some money. Or the manager hasn't managed him very well. Dunno.

Apart from the dross some people post on here we have nothing to suggest he has an attitude tbh.

He doesn't run around like an idiot so he a bad attitude is the height of stupidity tbh

ATTITUDE

Again, despite his talent and ability, Marveaux could improve loads on this field. In a 4-3-3 system such as Rennes’ and in most modern tactical set-ups (In which full backs are called to play a major attacking role) defensive work is a necessity for the attacking flankers. Not only failing to notice the wing-rushes of his left-back counterpart, Marveaux has often been blamed for failing to accomplish his defensive work, whether it is an initial pressing or returns to cover the flank. As a result, great moments of solitude for the men standing behind him, such a Carlos Bocanegra, often let alone to deal with two or three opponents last season, without a hope to see his team-mate rush to his rescue.

Rennes Manager Frederic Antonetti himself admitted that Marveaux’ lack of work was acceptable as long as his attacking input remained as impressive as it was last season. Many coaches could rightfully consider some of Marveaux’ attitudes on the pitch as disrespectful to the team effort.

As a graduate of Rennes Academy having gone through the youth teams at the club, Marveaux may well be receiving too much indulgence for his ineffective defensive work. His self-confidence is high, maybe a bit too high, and the wise words of a manager able to make him question himself and his work for the team could be a massive boost to his career. He is able to do the work however, and even started his Ligue 1 career covering for injuries at left back. Little doubt he will give more in that field if a starting eleven position was to be at stake.

:undecided:

Whoops. Obviously a total mystery to our lot at the time of course.

Guest hatem garrincha

I've posted this a few times now but I'm certain that before we signed him, one of the fan-made compilation videos was dedicated to showing his closing down and work off the ball. :lol:

And he was good at that.

• 1 month later...

User Actions 

Follow

Daniel White

‏@danwhitepr

Sylvain Marveaux was sticking to his strict diet by enjoying a Subway at 3am today. Healthy. #nufc pic.twitter.com/KmWQ5H25ee

BlgZFPEIAAAYHZp.jpg

:lol: What was he gonna do, play?