Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

SYLVAIN Marveaux has 48 hours to convince Alan Pardew he can make an impact in Saturday’s Tyne-Wear derby.

The midfielder hasn’t made a first-team appearance for Newcastle United in FOUR months.

Marveaux’s only run-out came in an Under-21 game against Chelsea at St James’s Park early last month, which was watched by 365 fans.

But the sale of midfield lynchpin Yohan Cabaye to Paris Saint-Germain – coupled with a number of injuries and Loic Remy’s suspension – could see the 27-year-old return to the squad for the visit of Sunderland to St James’s Park.

Marveaux has shown glimpses of his undoubted talent since joining from Stade Rennais in the summer of 2011.

And his absence from the first-team in recent months has been questioned by supporters, with the the former France Under-21 international fit and available for selection.

Marveaux wasn’t in the squad for Tuesday’s night’s game against Norwich City.

Asked by the Gazette about Marveaux’s non-involvement at Carrow Road, Pardew said: “Sylvain could be involved against Sunderland.”

Pardew wouldn’t elaborate on Marveaux’s situation, though he has previously talked of the need for him – and others – to apply themselves in training day in, day out.

Forward Sammy Ameobi, it seems, has done this, and the 21-year-old was rewarded with a start against Norwich.

And Pardew is looking for attitude and application on the practice pitch from Marveaux, whose natural ability isn’t in question.

With Cabaye’s exit having left a yawning gap in United’s midfield, Marveaux could finally come to the fore at Newcastle – two and a half years after he crossed the Channel.

“First and foremost, you have to show on the training ground that you are worthy of getting your place in this team, or getting in this group,” he said.

“And then we go from there – it’s as simple as that. We haven’t really seen Sammy (Ameobi) get a chance either in this run, and he deserves a chance as much as Sylvain.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/marveaux-in-frame-for-derby-role-1-6405505

As much as I think he is a technically gifted player, it has to be said he went totally missing in the derby last year.

I'm not really sure a derby is the right game to be bringing him back. We could have done with him on the bench at Norwich though.

Ah, I don't know. If he isn't up to playing in the derby then what use is he? We need 11 players who understand what it means, if he can't be one of them he doesn't deserve to be playing.

SYLVAIN Marveaux has 48 hours to convince Alan Pardew he can make an impact in Saturday’s Tyne-Wear derby.

The midfielder hasn’t made a first-team appearance for Newcastle United in FOUR months.

Marveaux’s only run-out came in an Under-21 game against Chelsea at St James’s Park early last month, which was watched by 365 fans.

But the sale of midfield lynchpin Yohan Cabaye to Paris Saint-Germain – coupled with a number of injuries and Loic Remy’s suspension – could see the 27-year-old return to the squad for the visit of Sunderland to St James’s Park.

Marveaux has shown glimpses of his undoubted talent since joining from Stade Rennais in the summer of 2011.

And his absence from the first-team in recent months has been questioned by supporters, with the the former France Under-21 international fit and available for selection.

Asked by the Gazette about Marveaux’s non-involvement at Carrow Road, Pardew said: “Sylvain could be involved against Sunderland.”

Pardew wouldn’t elaborate on Marveaux’s situation, though he has previously talked of the need for him – and others – to apply themselves in training day in, day out.

Forward Sammy Ameobi, it seems, has done this, and the 21-year-old was rewarded with a start against Norwich.

And Pardew is looking for attitude and application on the practice pitch from Marveaux, whose natural ability isn’t in question.

With Cabaye’s exit having left a yawning gap in United’s midfield, Marveaux could finally come to the fore at Newcastle – two and a half years after he crossed the Channel.

“First and foremost, you have to show on the training ground that you are worthy of getting your place in this team, or getting in this group,” he said.

“And then we go from there – it’s as simple as that. We haven’t really seen Sammy (Ameobi) get a chance either in this run, and he deserves a chance as much as Sylvain.”

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/marveaux-in-frame-for-derby-role-1-6405505

As much as I think he is a technically gifted player, it has to be said he went totally missing in the derby last year.

I'm not really sure a derby is the right game to be bringing him back. We could have done with him on the bench at Norwich though.

Ah, I don't know. If he isn't up to playing in the derby then what use is he? We need 11 players who understand what it means, if he can't be one of them he doesn't deserve to be playing.

Well the big question mark over him seems to be his lack of willingness to get stuck in, so I would think that's the last game he should be starting. Personally though, I'd like to think we could beat them playing football and make more use of the qualities Marveaux has. But if we are going to get involved in a battle then pick someone more suited.

Well the big question mark over him seems to be his lack of willingness to get stuck in, so I would think that's the last game he should be starting. Personally though, I'd like to think we could beat them playing football and make more use of the qualities Marveaux has. But if we are going to get involved in a battle then pick someone more suited.

Fair point. With the ball on the ground and playing the way we can then we'll win on Saturday. If it turns into a riot then he's a shirker and not something we need.

Guest reefatoon

GFN France

Newcastle's Sylvain Marveaux has been offered to FC Nantes we understand. ‪#‎FCN‬ ‪#‎NUFC‬

Again?  That's twice in the same day.

Who do Nantes have that we might like? :lol:

Fabrice Pancrate :lol:

9 goals in 36 games for them!  :frantic:

Either you're making that up, somebody else is, or that useless league is even worse than I thought.

His goals are from previous seasons in Ligue 2.

Still one of the few wingers that played for us who can rival Obertan's shitness.

Pardew's suddenly started talking about him having a role to play after Cabaye's departure. Pards doesn't rate him and I doubt he rates Pards either. Maybe he'll play for himself if nothing else, but when a player is frozen out so completely by the manager it's hard to see him giving a toss.

It would take a fairly big turnaround in Marveaux's mentality for him to become an important player for us. Personally, i doubt he's got it in him.

Who is he going to replace out of Tiote, Anita and Sissoko in the middle? Can't see that happening.

Maybe Pardew will stick him LW but we all know he'll do next to nothing from there.

It would take a fairly big turnaround in Marveaux's mentality for him to become an important player for us. Personally, i doubt he's got it in him.

Who is he going to replace out of Tiote, Anita and Sissoko in the middle? Can't see that happening.

Maybe Pardew will stick him LW but we all know he'll do next to nothing from there.

It would be Sammy who you'd want to swap out of the team if anyone, and that would mean Hatem going wide and Marveaux playing the Cabaye role. Sammy's earned a start for the moment, but I think you are more likely to get goals from Marveaux, either scoring them or setting them up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not particularly a fan of this lad but we did look better when he came on. His ability to instantly trap a ball and accurately pick out a pass set himself apart from everyone else on the park (of our lot).

Good at actually playing football. Wish he played more.

I must be clear. I've always thought he should be involved. I like him in the #10 position. But it's clear Pardew hasn't. It looks weak and desperate and tbh, it's not really Pardew's fault. Threadbare squad, selling and not strengthening he's had to bring a lad back who has been out in the cold and expects him to do anything positive.

It's games like these that makes me think we need to do anything to get rid of Ashley, even if that means another relegation.