Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

It's not about training ground improvement. It's about Pardew preferring defensively minded players. Same reason Ben Arfa isn't playing.

Marveaux's useful in the nr. 10 role, we could do with him in home games. I think someone like Martinez would get the best out of him.

I'm sure if Martinez rates Sylvain Marveaux NUFC would definitely sell him to Everton.

Wrong club for Marveaux, would work well at a team that keeps it on the deck and plays slow, possession football.

You'd think some club would come in to try to loan him.

He sh**e. Move on asap. Might as well give Sammy a chance rather than this waste of space.

Sammy, who has about a tenth of Marveaux's talent.

And about 1000 times more motivation.

If only that alone made good footballers.

I still have no idea where we would play him tbh.

That's one of the problems when you acquire players mostly based on whether they'll increase in value or not.

And a manager who has no idea what formation he wants to settle on.

:thup:

Number 10 with Remy and Ben Arfa either side of him .

Cabaye and tiote behind him

Yup

A number 10 type player sounds fine but I am not sure how that works with Cabaye, Tiote/Anita, Remy, Sissoko and Ben Arfa. Plus I definitely wouldn't be dropping Gouffran.

Just seems very unbalanced to me.

Remy              Ben Arfa

Marveaux

Cabaye    Tiote    Sissoko

? :dontknow:

Guest neesy111

For all our decent success in the transfer market, our punts on freebies have been rubbish apart from Ba.  Gosling, Marveaux, Amalfitano have achieved little to sweet FA between them.

For all our decent success in the transfer market, our punts on freebies have been rubbish apart from Ba.  Gosling, Marveaux, Amalfitano have achieved little to sweet FA between them.

Marveaux has done more for us than Gosling and Amalfitano combined.

On the bench would be my move. If we are chasing a game, he can open teams up with a run or a pass. He can strike the ball pretty well too.

Guest neesy111

He's still done almost nothing considering he's been here for more than 2 1/2 seasons now.

Seriously, where the fuck does anyone get that he's a "waste of space" from? Why are people actually writing stuff like this? Genuine question.

The only evidence of this is from the decisions of a man who chooses to bench Hatem Ben Arfa for Shola Ameobi, Joan Gouffran or Moussa Sissoko.

He's still done almost nothing considering he's been here for more than 2 1/2 seasons now.

Doesn't help that Pardew doesn't want to play him - he was pretty much unfairly dropped last January when he was on a great run of form (his best form for us during his time at the club anyway) and when he had the confidence to take the initiative during games. FWIW, I rate Marveaux (something which I've repeatedly said in the past whenever this thread has been bumped) - I really do believe that we've got a tidy player with good technique here and we just can't ignore his contributions last season whenever he was called upon (his assists leading to important Cisse goals for instance).

Think he has bit of an attitude issue and that's more than likely why he hardly features anymore.

I really rate him and can't believe people think he is s****! He's a very good footballer - that ball with the outside of his left peg for Ba's 2nd at Arsenal last season was unreal! Sadly, he's wasted under Pardew!

Seriously, where the fuck does anyone get that he's a "waste of space" from? Why are people actually writing stuff like this? Genuine question.

We've got some proper weird supporters like.

There's an argument to be made that his contribution from games in which he plays from the start is lacking, and that he doesn't really fit into any position we use on a consistent basis. That is all fair comment.

Somehow certain people manage to extrapolate this to not even questioning why he spends months behind Obertan in the pecking order, despite being proven to have significant impact off the bench and all without falling over his own feet 95% of the time. If you ask this question, "you seriously overrate Marveaux like."

Odd in the extreme.

I'd have brought him on as first sub for Cabaye in the Man City game because it looked like he was going to get sent off and Marv has the same pick a pass vision. Second sub would have been HBA for Gouff or Sissoko.

On the bench would be my move. If we are chasing a game, he can open teams up with a run or a pass. He can strike the ball pretty well too.

Absolutely. Not a regular starter for me, but a very important squad member.

Guest neesy111

We've got some proper weird supporters like.

Aye, you for starters.