Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

The mitigating factor is that Marveaux was never proven to be useful, sort of. Not that he ever had a fair chance.

He can beat a player, is a good passer and has an eye for goal. Now he might not be someone you rely on week in week out, but if you put him in the right part of the pitch and get the ball to him I would think he could produce something worthwhile. Especially with two defensive midfielders behind him. But like I said earlier, if you want someone for tackling in your own half there are far better suited players.

Yeahhhh, Brett. No.

Rob Lee was mopping the floors under Gullit if I recall. Usually when such measures are taken without a glaring, public indiscipline from the player's side, it's a dodgy, shady tactic, usually resulting from a strange personal vendetta from the manager's side.

I'd feel the same with any manager unless they were a complete dick who often did this and banish players from the team for their own ego.

Guillit was a dick so you could assume he was driving people out to boost his ego.

I was sticking up for Adebayor during AVB's reign at Spurs. Certain managers you feel deliberatly go into a club and target a particular player. Why would Pardew wait all this time before deciding to put Marv in the youth, he's had had far worse starting and cameo performances than Spurs but hasn't been put in the youth side.

I find it really hard to judge the merits of Marveaux's limited involvement during his time here. For all he may be lazy, his contribution last season (in terms of stats) was decent. You couple that with how Pardew has previously kept someone like Anita (who seems like a model pro) out for long stretches and you can't really form a clear picture of what's going on.

Guest bimpy474

Yeahhhh, Brett. No.

Rob Lee was mopping the floors under Gullit if I recall. Usually when such measures are taken without a glaring, public indiscipline from the player's side, it's a dodgy, shady tactic, usually resulting from a strange personal vendetta from the manager's side.

I'd feel the same with any manager unless they were a complete dick who often did this and banish players from the team for their own ego.

Guillit was a dick so you could assume he was driving people out to boost his ego.

I was sticking up for Adebayor during AVB's reign at Spurs. Certain managers you feel deliberatly go into a club and target a particular player. Why would Pardew wait all this time before deciding to put Marv in the youth, he's had had far worse starting and cameo performances than Spurs but hasn't been put in the youth side.

He hasn't had the chance to have a go at him, he hasn't picked him all season up until now.

Yeahhhh, Brett. No.

He hasn't had the chance to have a go at him, he hasn't picked him all season up until now.

He started the first two home games of the season and was shite  ???

Yeahhhh, Brett. No.

He didn't pick him much last season either.

Guest bimpy474

Yeahhhh, Brett. No.

He started the first two home games of the season and was shite  ???

6 months ago ffs. We played Man City away and by our gutless manager own admission basically gave the game up.

But is suppose you're not sticking up for Pardew again though.

Yeahhhh, Brett. No.

He started the first two home games of the season and was s****  ???

6 months ago ffs. We played Man City away and by our gutless manager own admission basically gave to game up.

I was dissapointed in Marv myself let alone Pardew. West Ham/Fulham after steering clear of injury over the summer should have been perfect for him but he was poor and failed to shine. I remember Sammy coming on and doing more in his cameo role than Marv had all game. Who is to blame for that?

And tbh without sounding all itk, i was at a family meal after Man City i think it was and Jonas was there who was saying Marv had come back like a new player over the summer and had been excellent in training. So he clearly had been showing signs and Pardew gave him his opportunity. What happened after that is anyone's guess but two home games against poor opposition and showed nothing. Yet saying this, Ben Arfa was like a one man team in both of those games and that still hasn't done him too many favours.

Wasn't on about that. I marked out the falling out part. He certainly have a history for it. The way he keeps blaming the players, and keep out the good ones from the starting eleven, I'm not sure the dressing room is all that strong. Surely they've called him out on the bullshitter he is by now.

Who has he fell out with then? I've named a few i can think of. Obviously every manager will have disagreements with players but don't think Pardew has a reputation here for arguing with players. He's kept majority of players in check and hasn't resorted to this kind of thing often, so i'm sure the decision wasn't taken lightly.

That West Ham article in the Daily Mail that have been mentioned before is pretty telling.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-421908/Pardew-lost-dressing-room.html

Pardew told them that he was already a millionaire and didn't need to work, but told the players that they "earned £30,000 a week and were only in it for the money".

He meant that he was only in football because he loved the game, but his comments were misinterpreted and taken by some of the influential players as a sign of arrogance.

When Alan Pardew left West Ham's players scratching their heads before they boarded the team bus to Bolton last Friday, some of the squad began to openly question how much longer he could remain in charge of the club.

They were stunned when he announced before training that the inexperienced left-back George McCartney and rookie defender James Collins would be marking Bolton's muscular strikeforce of El Hadji Diouf and Kevin Davies, their fate was sealed before they even arrived at the Reebok.

So many similarities in that article compared to today, it's scary.

Guest bimpy474

Yeahhhh, Brett. No.

He started the first two home games of the season and was s****  ???

6 months ago ffs. We played Man City away and by our gutless manager own admission basically gave to game up.

I was dissapointed in Marv myself let alone Pardew. West Ham/Fulham after steering clear of injury over the summer should have been perfect for him but he was poor and failed to shine. I remember Sammy coming on and doing more in his cameo role than Marv had all game. Who is to blame for that?

And tbh without sounding all itk, i was at a family meal after Man City i think it was and Jonas was there who was saying Marv had come back like a new player over the summer and had been excellent in training. So he clearly had been showing signs and Pardew gave him his opportunity. What happened after that is anyone's guess but two home games against poor opposition and showed nothing. Yet saying this, Ben Arfa was like a one man team in both of those games and that still hasn't done him too many favours.

While none of us know exactly what has happened. It really isn't hard to see why this lad struggles in a team set up by Pardew. We are too defensive and it'll only get worse alienating our best attacking players, we aren't even set up to attack in any way. It's all ad hoc made up shit.

There's no one left to create that bit of magic Pardew so loves. It's going to be 70 minutes of trying to stay in the games, then.........fuck knows.

You cannot blame a lad for not setting the game alight when he hasn't played in about half a year.

He should be banging on the managers door, demanding to be played, putting in 100% in training. I bet he's not.

Err, I suppose he should be, aye.

It's a moot point though as he shouldn't have been left out in the cold in the first place. And playing players who look good in trining and are banging on the managers door everyday is why we're playing Shola Ameobi.

On the other hand, it's hard to succeed playing players who don't look good in training and don't show desire. I'm not saying this is Marv, but in theory.

So why is Shola being played? I have heard he's apparently Pele in training, but I'm calling horse dung on that claim.

Wasn't on about that. I marked out the falling out part. He certainly have a history for it. The way he keeps blaming the players, and keep out the good ones from the starting eleven, I'm not sure the dressing room is all that strong. Surely they've called him out on the bullshitter he is by now.

Who has he fell out with then? I've named a few i can think of. Obviously every manager will have disagreements with players but don't think Pardew has a reputation here for arguing with players. He's kept majority of players in check and hasn't resorted to this kind of thing often, so i'm sure the decision wasn't taken lightly.

That West Ham article in the Daily Mail that have been mentioned before is pretty telling.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-421908/Pardew-lost-dressing-room.html

Pardew told them that he was already a millionaire and didn't need to work, but told the players that they "earned £30,000 a week and were only in it for the money".

He meant that he was only in football because he loved the game, but his comments were misinterpreted and taken by some of the influential players as a sign of arrogance.

When Alan Pardew left West Ham's players scratching their heads before they boarded the team bus to Bolton last Friday, some of the squad began to openly question how much longer he could remain in charge of the club.

They were stunned when he announced before training that the inexperienced left-back George McCartney and rookie defender James Collins would be marking Bolton's muscular strikeforce of El Hadji Diouf and Kevin Davies, their fate was sealed before they even arrived at the Reebok.

So many similarities in that article compared to today, it's scary.

When you call on the daily fail to back you up, you know you're scrapping that bottom of the barrell. Diouf...that muscular striker :lol:

Harry Redknapp is known for his man management but you could look back through his clubs for bust ups after he dropped Boswinga from QPR then claim he's done this before and has history for it?

His creativity is what kept us up last season!

I kna :lol:

He was a massive factor for us staying up last season and he and Cisse won us a few vital points. He also was by far our best player on the pitch when on form.

He's not a great footballer by any means, he has far too many negatives to his game for that, but he can bring something that we sorely lack.

Nobody is expecting him to set matches alight but displaying a basic level of effort would be nice. Realise we are desperate for some creativity in the team but it shouldn't mean there is a ban on questioning the attitude of our 'flair players'. Wanting to see players mildly interested in playing for the club doesn't equate to spunking over the thought of 11 Cattermoles raging about the pitch.

Bimpy, to answer your bizzare Shola questioning, I don't want him in the team any more than I want Marveaux in the team. He may have influenced my username but I'm pretty sure, for example, that WarrenBartonCentrePartin isn't in favour of the the exhumation and signing of our former fullback.

His creativity is what kept us up last season!

I kna :lol:

He was a massive factor for us staying up last season and he and Cisse won us a few vital points. He also was by far our best player on the pitch when on form.

He's not a great footballer by any means, he has far too many negatives to his game for that, but he can bring something that we sorely lack.

Colo came back from injury just at the right time and really give us some confidence at the back after some heavy defeats. I thought he was vital in the survival.