Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Probably weighs about 10 stones as well.

Technically, a better version of Routledge, not as fast though.

Not as fast? He's quicker than Routledge.

Rubbish. Routledge is faster over short distances.

Have you even seen Marveaux play? Your terrific "scout report" on him around when we signed him was probably the most far off description you could've come up with.

Seen Marveaux play seven or eight times. Routledge is faster. Marveaux is the better player.

Guest johnson293

Have you even seen Marveaux play? Your terrific "scout report" on him around when we signed him was probably the most far off description you could've come up with.

Seen Marveaux play seven or eight times. Routledge is faster. Marveaux is the better player.

What about Marveuax's end product though?

Yes, Routledge was quick, but he didn't do much with it, if he got past his man.

Marveaux can score goals and takes dead ball kicks so he can definitely deliver better end product than Routledge. Hope he's back for Saturday just to put the shits up the wearsiders.

Yes, Routledge was quick, but he didn't do much with it, if he got past his man.

Marveaux's end product is much better. Not convinced about his ability from the right (everyone else on here seems to think he's incredible at cutting in and shooting), but he's going to be brilliant at taking on RBs and laying the ball off for HBA and crossing for Dembaba.

Marveaux's end product is much better. Not convinced about his ability from the right (everyone else on here seems to think he's incredible at cutting in and shooting), but he's going to be brilliant at taking on RBs and laying the ball off for HBA and crossing for Dembaba.

You are right there. He is similar to Walcott, Lennon and Bale in that they are wingers in the traditional sense with left footers on the left right footers on the right type players.

You are right there. He is similar to Walcott, Lennon and Bale in that they are wingers in the traditional sense with left footers on the left right footers on the right type players.

I personally think he is a 'traditional' winger, not the new breed of winger we've seen evolve recently (playing on the side opposite the their strongest foot). I've only seen him play seven, or eight times (not bad considering he's started 60 games in his career), and I'm not trying to come across as an expert...

Given his size, I think it is fitting that he plays on the left. Here, he can attack right-backs, and provide for Ba and Ben Arfa or lay the ball back to Ferguson or Tiote/Cabaye. If he was cutting in from the right I think he would struggle. He does have a good shot on him, but I can see him getting dominated by defensive players if attacking from a central position.

Could be wrong, but didn't A. Ferdinand play at RB for Sunderland last week? Marveaux would rip a tired Anton a new one...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Any word on his fitness/availability for the weekend? Looking forward to seeing what he's all about tbh.

I think it was mentioned he may make the bench.

I don't think so, pretty sure it was Bardsley.

Yeah, you're right. Bardsley is quite quick isn't he? Still think Marveaux would give him a lot to think about, especially if he is comes on later in the game...

Guest Recoba

I wasn't being serious, i was just saying it to show the total lack of left footed players we have.

You succeeded in that aim.

Um Ba, Lov, Vuckic?

Guest reefatoon

Christ, bring out the statto's!!

Ok I will try again! . . . .  We have always had a lack of leftback's and we always seem to push our left midlfielder/winger into that position e.g. Bernard (started out as a midfielder), Nzogbia, Jones has tried it . . . . So I was just going along with that

Phew, wipes brow . . .