Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Have suspected for a while that we've signed a dud here, hope I'm wrong.

Not like you to be doom and gloom wullie!

Not like we have a reputation for signing players that fail medicals elsewhere at all

Not like we have a reputation for signing players that fail medicals elsewhere at all

:dowiespin:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03_04/MarcelinoNCastle_228x322.jpg

Except he didn't fail a medical elsewhere.

:facepalm: :dowie:

If this lad is a crock, is Ben Arfa too?

That was long ago confirmed. :thup: I knew he was a permacrock the moment de Jong tackled him tbh. And I knew Marveaux was a crock the moment I read it in the Daily Mail.

With his long term injury i think its sensible on our part to ease him back gently,  Pardew said in his press conference before Arsenal that Marveaux was a couple of weeks away.  Don't think there's anything sinister or injuries involved i think its just a case of building his fitness up slowly.  He featured in the pre season game against Columbus and would have got more minutes under his belt against Fiorentina if the game hadn't been abandoned. 

Hold on, there are no quotes saying he failed his medical to begin with are there? :lol:  Surely you should take your own advice and not believe everything you read..

By the way that story about Peter Brukner was all over the place and nobody denied it.  Nobody argued with Marveaux's comments either or Carvers when they said the failed medical rumour was nonesense.

Though its not mentioned in that article I posted Brukner apparently said we offered more money.  Seems unlikely that he's getting much over £50k so who knows why they wouldn't.  I can only guess really.

Maybe they still had some worries about his past injury despite passing the medical which limited what they would pay (either the wage or a big signing on fee).  Or maybe they had a certain lower wage/signing on fee agreed, we offered more and they thought they could play hard ball and got their bluffs called.  We'll probably never know exactly.

From what I can recall Liverpool had agreed terms with Marveaux but after the medical they tried to change these in their favour. They probably didn't reckon on Marveaux contacting us and switching to Newcastle in such a short space of time and were expecting his agent to haggle for a bit longer.

From what I can recall Liverpool had agreed terms with Marveaux but after the medical they tried to change these in their favour. They probably didn't reckon on Marveaux contacting us and switching to Newcastle in such a short space of time and were expecting his agent to haggle for a bit longer.

Sounds about right.