Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

• 2 weeks later...

Decent when he came on. Showed some nice touches and kept possession well.

Would have liked to see him in a more central role.

He had his most effective spell of the match tonight when he drifted in to the center and sometimes to the left.

from whaty i' watched of him he's a bit like ben arfa....he's not a winger but will go wide to find space and use it, if theres space in the middle he'll use it. we didn't get the best out of ginola by trying to pigeon hole him as a winger and we run the risk of doing the same here.

i would probably start him on Saturday but i think he'll be left on the bench, probably come on for another 20-30 min runout and Pardew will be looking to start him against Forest in the cup.

Looking at it from both sides, for the development of the player another runout from the bench followed by a start and say a 60-70 minutes against Forest is probably the right thing for getting the player back fit and playing again after so long out injured but for the team sake his pace and creativity is something that is needed immediately. 

Decent when he came on. Showed some nice touches and kept possession well.

Would have liked to see him in a more central role.

He had his most effective spell of the match tonight when he drifted in to the center and sometimes to the left.

Agree with that. Jonas moved into the hole when Marveaux came on. I'd much rather see Marveaux there than Jonas.