Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

He played some horrible passes in the first half IIRC, but overall recovered and looks a good player.

If only we could put a decent striker in front of this midfield.

Struggles when having to strike the ball over any distance.  Tends to fall back on the ball and pull it to the right.  Nothing an hour's worth of focused training wont fix.

I think he'll be a good un tbh. Once we changed the personnel in the second half and got some ball players on the pitch he livened up quite a bit. Obviously he looked a bit lost when we were trying to play Scunthorpe at their own level with the ball being thumped towards the corner flags.

This guy was one of our best players tonight. Fantastic touch, turn, speed and passing ability. This guy is a cracking player, hope to see some of his free-kicks soon too, I hear he's quality at them.

This guy was one of our best players tonight. Fantastic touch, turn, speed and passing ability. This guy is a cracking player, hope to see some of his free-kicks soon too, I hear he's quality at them.

This, impressive tonight, although clearly needs games to adapt to the league. Really quick feet and some great spreading of the ball. Canny signing.

He played some horrible passes in the first half IIRC, but overall recovered and looks a good player.

Struggles when having to strike the ball over any distance.  Tends to fall back on the ball and pull it to the right.  Nothing an hour's worth of focused training wont fix.

An hours training could teach him to strike a ball from distance?

Fucking hell.

Technically he looks superb, very intelligent footballer.  Did really well to last 120 minutes as well, could tell he was flagging a bit near the end, but he still got about the pitch and put a foot in.

In time, what I would like to see from him is to have a go at the fullback more.  Got a great touch, good speed and looks so comfortable dribbling with it, that I'd like to see him get down the flank more often.  Sure it will come with a few games and when he gets his match fitness up.

Would be tempted to start him Sunday.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I wouldn't start him Sunday, the kid will be fucked. 120 minutes after a year out?

He won't be starting after that, so no.

Good debut in a competitive match and one of the few players to earn his wage last night, decent passing and a bit of tenacity to retain the ball as well.  Should improve when he gets fitter and gets used to playing some of the cloggers in the English game (and his own team :shifty:).

If we get the ball to him in the 18 yard box he'll score goals. At the minute we're struggling to do that.

:thup:

Fair point, he has had fuck all decent service.

:dowie:

If we get the ball to him in the 18 yard box he'll score goals. At the minute we're struggling to do that.

:thup:

Fair point, he has had fuck all decent service.

:dowie:

Christ man.

nice that it's all positive about him from last night, i only saw the game from 70 mins onwards and he looked ok, if a bit out of place in CM. have to say i'd be tempted to play him left and jonas right. we've been pretty bad going forward this season in terms of creating chances, and i'd like to see jonas and marveaux beating full backs and whipping crosses into Ba and Best (shola would still be on the half way line at this point)

it's worth a try, what we've done so far hasnt really worked.

the link between midfiled and the striker, till ben arfa is back?  Playing in an advanced midfield with cabaye, spraying the passes left and right.......

Good spot. I'm sure if you set the team up right he could do that role.