Sylvain Marveaux - arrested

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

Thought he looked a class above the rest of the players on the pitch tbh.

Seemed to be only player on the pitch that technically looked fine.  Though he looked slow when he had that opening late in the 2nd half imo.

Still looks to be building himself up after many injury problems. Has good pace and dribbling ability though which can be a real asset to us. Especially in those tight games where we might need someone to unlock a difficult defence.

Wish he'd went on and buried it when he looked as if he was clean through. Seemed to just give up and go outside. Such a tidy footballer though.

Looked to me like he wanted to get clipped and win a penalty

Lets be honest, if his shot in the first half had of gone in, everyone would be loving him now. Looked a class above with his touch, pace and skill...only just getting back into playing regularly too...theres far too much negativity on here. I think Marveaux will be a really good player for us over the course of this season, really don't get the negativity towards him at all.

Agree with Dave, he looked a more mature footballer than anyone out there, other than Colo and perhaps Ba.

Really impressed by him. I thought his first 5 corners were quite good actually, he seemed to lose faith in them though.

He's going to be an asset this season, that's for sure. Great to have tricky players like him and Amalfitano when we need to open games up and it isn't working for Hatem.

Smooth passer, excellent at jinking his way past people and good awareness. Needs more games in order to get up to speed and gain sharpness it seems, but well above your average Premier League winger in terms of ability.

He's going to be an asset this season, that's for sure. Great to have tricky players like him and Amalfitano when we need to open games up and it isn't working for Hatem.

Smooth passer, excellent at jinking his way past people and good awareness. Needs more games in order to get up to speed and gain sharpness it seems, but well above your average Premier League winger in terms of ability.

Absolutely. Needs more game time though if we're to see the best of him imo. Very promising player indeed.

Guest neesy111

If you're Pardew though, do you favour Marveaux's flair and quality on the ball over Jonas' tactical discipline and work rate?

Jonas.

If you're Pardew though, do you favour Marveaux's flair and quality on the ball over Jonas' tactical discipline and work rate?

Depends who you're playing and what formation I suppose. I think I prefer Jonas at left back and in a central three to him down the left wing tbh, though he is important there against the better sides too.

It's difficult because in terms of player-for-player, Jonas looks one of the easiest to upgrade on in the first XI yet at the same time, he's one of our most important players. I know what I mean anyway. :lol:

You've got to find a place for him.

Depends who you're playing and what formation I suppose. I think I prefer Jonas at left back and in a central three to him down the left wing tbh, though he is important there against the better sides too.

It's difficult because in terms of player-for-player, Jonas looks one of the easiest to upgrade on in the first XI yet at the same time, he's one of our most important players. I know what I mean anyway. :lol:

You've got to find a place for him.

Mr. Intangibles.

Jonas.

This is the thing with Marveaux: technically, I'd argue that he's better than Jonas but I think Pardew will favour Jonas every time for his defensive qualities. Marveaux is first XI quality imo and, while I love Jonas to bits, I'll be frustrated if Marveaux remains on the bench just because he's naturally a more offensive type of player.