Newcastle 1 - 0 Portsmouth Post match thoughts

Dave

Bramble has been playing really well recently and his partnership with Taylor seems to be getting stronger game by game. There is no question that the defence needs sorting still (new left back especially) but its nice to see Bramble playing to the potential we all know he has.

Bramble was hurrendous for the first three quarters of the game. Bad tackling, bad positioning, bad passing, bad headers, bad clearances, bad defending. He made two or three good tackles in the final stages. Taylor was mega solid - especially in the air.

Guest khainufc

Yeah we won...but shall i say it was not a great win...i mean we shall have won at least 3 nils...not being negative here...it just not our luck to trash pompey but hell yeah FINALLY we are seeing the newcastle team tat we enjoy to see...

what a great play lads!

and once again Dyer SIMPLY BRILLIANT!

SOL SUPERB!(Hope he will be our permanent right back)

emre,class!

zoggy amazing!

and seeing the fans with the scarves from my tv WORLD CLASS!

MARTIN unlucky...ehehe :p

HOWAY THE LADS!

TOON TOON ALL THE WAY!

Guest optimistic nit

Delighted, absolutely delighted. We thoroughly deserved that and were absolutely deadly in that second half. N'Zogbia, Dyer, Martins, Emre - running at players. Scaring this shit out of them, we were like lightning going forward. Dyer was absolutely inspired, Martins simply gives us something else when he's got the ball at this feet, Zoggy can't pass but boy can he run and Emre simply bossed the midfield.

Gutted we didn't get another really, because both Dyer and Martins deserved one. Bet Martins is fucking livid with Emre! :lol:

Also, defending was pretty much faultless. Bramble's first 75 minutes were shambolic, but it made it count when it mattered. Glad he picked up but it still doesn't change my mind. Get him out. Taylor was an absolute monster back there - controlled the defense, as did Nobby. Ramage was comfortable aswell, he just can't go forward.

Good performance - especially in the second half. Did everything but put the ball in the net lots of times really. We look very dangerous now.

About had a heart attack when Dyer went down, though.

bit harsh no? ;)

Guest optimistic nit

10 days till next league game now, we can rest a few up in Frankfurt - we need a point and then there's no waiting on Fener's results in Vigo. It's good that we have a long time after Frankfurt though till next league game because we have to make our home games count.

Haha I bet Sean Davis is regretting saying "Titus Bramble" on soccer Am the other week (and again mentioned yesterday) Bramble absolutely crunched him!

What did he say???

titus bramble.

Delighted, absolutely delighted. We thoroughly deserved that and were absolutely deadly in that second half. N'Zogbia, Dyer, Martins, Emre - running at players. Scaring this shit out of them, we were like lightning going forward. Dyer was absolutely inspired, Martins simply gives us something else when he's got the ball at this feet, Zoggy can't pass but boy can he run and Emre simply bossed the midfield.

Gutted we didn't get another really, because both Dyer and Martins deserved one. Bet Martins is ****ing livid with Emre! :lol:

Also, defending was pretty much faultless. Bramble's first 75 minutes were shambolic, but it made it count when it mattered. Glad he picked up but it still doesn't change my mind. Get him out. Taylor was an absolute monster back there - controlled the defense, as did Nobby. Ramage was comfortable aswell, he just can't go forward.

Good performance - especially in the second half. Did everything but put the ball in the net lots of times really. We look very dangerous now.

About had a heart attack when Dyer went down, though.

bit harsh no? ;)

:lol:

I really need to wait 45-60 mins before i do my analysis! It's either really, really negative, or really, really positive! I do it after every game. :lol:  :oops:

For a change that was an intresting and exciting game, well done the lads. I thought there were many plus points, Emre, Dyer, Solano, Butt, Zog and especially SUPER SIB he is the new talisman for the toon. Sibs is not the most gifted or natural player on our books but he is playing fantastically well for us at this time, what an amazing buy he has been for us, really pleased for him.

Great result for the lads

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Given: 7 - almost nothing to do.

Solano: 8 - did suprisenly well when defending and gives us a good forward weapon on the right side.

Taylor: 8 - did almost perfect except one error which he sorted out himself. Hope he can get a nice run.

Bramble: 6.5 - played bad in the first half but improved in the second half, but not good enough overall.

Ramage: 6 - again did nothing going forward. Apart from that the same as Bramble.

Milner: 8 - some good run and crosses and lets hope he is back for the next game.

Parker: 7 - looked impressive from the beginning but went off after 25 min. Prefer him over Butt (see Butt).

Emre: 8 - bellow average in the first half but was all over the pitch in the second and looked awesome.

Butt: 7 - did OK. Defended well but again he cant go forward and his passing isnt always the best.

Zogbia: 8 - was splendid in the second half and clearly got his confidence back. The injurie looked nasty.

Martins: 8 - could have grabbed a goal but apart from that he was superb. Great pace!!

Dyer: 8 - same as Martins. Would have got 9 if he has scored.

Sibiersky: 8 - did well and scored but isnt the same quality as Dyer and Martins, but OK backup.

we should start sibreski everygame!,he is our top goalscorer now (is he?)

loved to see dyer and zog causing all kind of trouble to pompy players

our goal was well taken.but we wasted half a dozen of chances,martins is not a proper finisher of the ball despite his fantastic "goal"

on the bad side,zog,milner,parker (even dyer.!) got injured

and it just seems the our team is much much better with no duff,babayaro,carr,moore in it..!

we should start sibreski everygame!,he is our top goalscorer now (is he?)

loved to see dyer and zog causing all kind of trouble to pompy players

our goal was well taken.but we wasted half a dozen of chances,martins is not a proper finisher of the ball despite his fantastic "goal"

on the bad side,zog,milner,parker (even dyer.!) got injured

and it just seems the our team is much much better with no duff,babayaro,carr,moore in it..!

joint with Shola. but our highest scoring available player

Guest mikefin

Now, that was a good game! Easily our best performance so far. We actually had midfield this time. After Parker was injured, Emre played where he should always play and Butt was there for covering him. All parts clicked together. It was really impressive.

Butt blueeek.gif :thup:

Zoggy :thup: :thup:

Nobby  :thup: :thup: :thup:

Emre  :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Dyer  :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Guest SmileyCulture

Great game, as i said wednesday; were going from strength to strength - hope the giant gash in Dyers leg isnt too bad, looked like it took most of the layers of skin off when he hit the signs.

Ive been supporting twelve years next week and its nice to see the team making a come back :D

was anyone else worried sick when Dyer looked injured? On the tele they showed him holding the back of his thigh was sure it was his hamstring. such a relief when it was just a cut.

What a player he is, absolutely amazing. always backed him, always said that we're a different side with him in the team.

Another point, the commentators was on about sibi being offside for the goal, really pissed me off. was so much talk about that new offside rule before the wc, and that was classic example.

Great to see Zoggy showing his last years form, hope his injury isn't serious (though it looked like it was :()

Guest mikefin

Why can't Parker do Butt's job anyway? I bet he's better at that. He's too slow going forward and too inaccurate.

Agree, he has done a marvelous job last season as a holding player

Agree. Problem is that Roeder doesnt play him as a holding player, and thats a waste of Emres talent.