Newcastle 1 - 0 Portsmouth Post match thoughts

Dave

Lets just hope a few of our injuries aint so bad and just bruised bones.

Good to see Zoggy playing well, A bit quiet in the first half but good in the second half.

I never thought i'd say this but.....Nicky Butt is now undroppable, IMHO i think he was very good today and it gave Emre more freedom to get forward.

Delighted, absolutely delighted. We thoroughly deserved that and were absolutely deadly in that second half. N'Zogbia, Dyer, Martins, Emre - running at players. Scaring this shit out of them, we were like lightning going forward. Dyer was absolutely inspired, Martins simply gives us something else when he's got the ball at this feet, Zoggy can't pass but boy can he run and Emre simply bossed the midfield.

Gutted we didn't get another really, because both Dyer and Martins deserved one. Bet Martins is fucking livid with Emre! :lol:

Also, defending was pretty much faultless. Bramble's first 75 minutes were shambolic, but it made it count when it mattered. Glad he picked up but it still doesn't change my mind. Get him out. Taylor was an absolute monster back there - controlled the defense, as did Nobby. Ramage was comfortable aswell, he just can't go forward.

Good performance - especially in the second half. Did everything but put the ball in the net lots of times really. We look very dangerous now.

About had a heart attack when Dyer went down, though.

First of all, we should have won with a couple of goals. David James played extremely well. If he continues like this he'll be the England #1 soon again. And what a haircut!  :lol:

Emres' second half was a very good one. His first half was as always, which means not good but not bad either.

N'Zogbias confidence went through the roof after the goal which he assisted. He took his man and looked like a real threat every time he got the ball. Just such a shame he went off injured. Hopefully it's nothing serious...

How much did Sibbers cost us? £750k? Anyhow, money very, very well spent!

And finally, we got ourselves a new right-back! Solano, what a guy!

10 days till next league game now, we can rest a few up in Frankfurt - we need a point and then there's no waiting on Fener's results in Vigo. It's good that we have a long time after Frankfurt though till next league game because we have to make our home games count.

Haha I bet Sean Davis is regretting saying "Titus Bramble" on soccer Am the other week (and again mentioned yesterday) Bramble absolutely crunched him!

Guest Invicta_Toon

so many U-Turns being performed by Toon fans it's like a women's only car park

same team that so many have been slagging recently bar Dyer

goals = confidence = heads up = pace = more goal

it's not rocket science

Dyer looked absolutely knackered towards the end, though. To be expected.

If he can stay fit, and MArtins can stay fit, we'll shoot up the table.

We've just got to start sticking the ball in the net! Martins SHOULD hasve had a hat-trick today. If the goal had stood, if Emre had of passed it and if Zoggy would have passed it. Martins would have had three, and deservedly so.

Guest magpies_rawk

First-half diagnosis?

fits and spurts really. apart from the martins' "goal", no real chances on our side. had plenty of possession though.

Second-half diagnosis?

much more positive. somehow, the goal gave us the lift we needed and we were playing good football for a change. made pompey look like relegation fodder.

Full-time diagnosis?

best game i've watched for nufc this season, and that done without parker and milner, the latter being the brightest spark for us during the 1st half...

Star man for United?

Sibs, hes a legend now isn't he?  :cool:

on a more serious note, dyer by a million miles.

Worst United player?

bramble

given for ball watching  :lol:

Opposition comment?

dross tbh, especially stefanovic and taylor with his injury late on.

Toon-pros?

splendid offensively, wasn't tested much defensively

good to see dyer back on the pitch and what an impact. long may it continue

Toon-cons?

bramble

3 injuries, hoping they are not too serious

Post-match feelings?

made my week for once

10 days till next league game now, we can rest a few up in Frankfurt - we need a point and then there's no waiting on Fener's results in Vigo. It's good that we have a long time after Frankfurt though till next league game because we have to make our home games count.

Haha I bet Sean Davis is regretting saying "Titus Bramble" on soccer Am the other week (and again mentioned yesterday) Bramble absolutely crunched him!

What did he say???

I hope emre doesnt leave newcastle.. splendid perfomance from him..

He's allowed to boss the midfield when he plays with Butt, though. It's a shame really because i like Parker, but i think the partnership really should Emre and Butt. Till January anyway, when i think it should be Dyer-Parker.