MÁLAGA CF SAD: Isco

MANCHESTER UNITED FC: David De Gea

OLYMPIQUE MARSELLA: Cesar Azpilicueta

REAL SOCIEDAD DE FÚTBOL SAD: Iñigo Martínez

REAL SPORTING DE GIJÓN SAD:Alberto Botía

VILLARREAL CF SAD: Diego Mariño

:yao:

Guest Craig-NUFC

Guessing it's down to other countries seeing the competition as a way for players to gain first team experience in a competitive tournament, whilst also getting a feel of what it's like in an international set up.

The whole mentality around the British team seems to be like they're playing a bunch of exhibition matches. Personally feel that players such as Jones, Kelly, Henderson, AOC and Carroll would benefit more from playing in the Olympics than taking part in pre-season. Then again, can any player really gain any benefits from playing in a Pearce side?

Guest taps01

We're not gonna allow Cisse to play in the Olympics according to The Mirror.

Good (if true).

Bad IMO, we shouldn't be denying any player the chance to compete in the Olympics. Unless he doesn't want to personally.

Really?  Personally i dont think football players are to bothered about it. 

Good (if true).

Bad IMO, we shouldn't be denying any player the chance to compete in the Olympics. Unless he doesn't want to personally.

Can entirely see the reason why the club wouldn't want to release him though. That would be 3 consecutive international tournaments within the space of 13 months - 2 ACoNs + Olympics. He'll probably be running on near empty at the end of it.

Guest antz1uk

really not bothered about this tournament, it's different for those players at clubs that don't have an early pre-season to get geared up for earlier matches such as europa cup/champs league qualifiers, ive said it before and i still stand by the fact i'd rather see newcastle do well before england (or any of our players national teams even)

spains league doesnt start till 2 weeks after ours and also the excellent players they have called up dont have qualifiers as we do

Good (if true).

Hmmm, a valid point :undecided:

Hopefully things will be fine though, it could very well be the case that your final sentence is true...

Guest dazzanufc1892

id be all for our players going, as pearce said, its the best pre-season they will ever, ever have

Brazil squad;

Goalkeepers: Rafael Cabral (Santos), Neto (Fiorentina)

Defenders: Marcelo (Real Madrid), Rafael (Manchester United), Danilo (Porto), Alex Sandro (Porto), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), Juan (Inter Milan), Bruno Uvini (Sao Paulo)

Midfielders: Romulo (Vasco da Gama), Ganso (Santos), Oscar (Internacional), Sandro (Tottenham Hotspur), Lucas (Sao Paulo)

Forwards: Neymar (Santos), Alexandre Pato (AC Milan), Leandro Damiao (Internacional), Hulk (Porto).

Replacements: Marquinhos (Corinthians), Giuliano (Dniepr/UKR), Cassemiro (Sao Paulo), Gabriel (AC Milan/ITA)

:scared:

Really don't understand why the likes of Carroll, Jones and Chamberlain couldn't play.. should be down to the player and their club. They hardly extended themselves at the Euro's.

The operative words here.

If what we've been told by the media has any truth to it players club managers have had too much input into our national teams, with players dropping out of squads with a 'serious injury'only to play the following weekend for thier club, managers being dictated to how long players can play for thier national teams etc.

I guess so, with the Olympics seen as a big farce it is no surprise clubs don't want to risk their players.

It is a tough one, the club is entitled to a say, they pay their wages and the clubs fate can revolve around their fitness. Can't blame them from being protective any kind of national games are as much of a liability as they are a bonus in driving players market prices up.

Giggs has been named captain of the GB team.

See what's happened?  When I first read this post I had a little chuckle and moved on thinking it was quite a clever use of 'Giggs' :giggs: and it took a minute to think about it and realise it was a serious post.

Giggs has been named captain of the GB team.

See what's happened?  When I first read this post I had a little chuckle and moved on thinking it was quite a clever use of 'Giggs' :giggs: and it took a minute to think about it and realise it was a serious post.

:lol: