Tranquillo Barnetta signs for Schalke

oldtype

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Journal has 3 pages on the fall out tomorrow - the man NUFC want to replace him. Truly a summer of discontent at SJP

Imagine it's him since Douglas mentioned it today. Not that I think there's any truth in it like.

"Want" but won't get.

If we are to sign anyone it has to be a foreigner who knows nothing about Mike Ashley or Alan Pardew. We need to stick to sending photo's of SJP attached to large cheque's.

Guest BooBoo

I think it will be a tentative enquiry about a loan of Adam Johnson but we'll be put off by outrageous wage demands.

I think it will be a tentative enquiry about a loan of Adam Johnson but we'll be put off by outrageous wage demands.

On the other hand, IF we managed to get Johnson on loan it would be quite a replacement, no?

Aye of course, but howairrr.

Yep Journo says Barnetta is lined up to replace Barnetta although there's not much substance in there, apart from saying we had a scout in the England Switzerland game a while back.

Very like for like :shifty:

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I seriously can't see us buying another player, under the circumstances I don't think a players agent would advise him to sign for a club with such a cavalier board.

Shame really 

I seriously can't see us buying another player, under the circumstances I don't think a players agent would advise him to sign for a club with such a cavalier board.

Shame really 

Why? Whats changed since we signed Cabaye and the other two? They have fell out with Joey Barton? Think back to the summer when we were signing Cabaye, I remember there was an article in the French press which mentioned Barton calling him a thug amongst other things.

I dont think Barton falling out with the club will affect any potential signings from abroad at all.

We'll end up bidding £3m for Aaron Lennon at the end of the window and getting the "Hey, we tried to replace him" excuse.

Unfortunately, I believe this will happen too especially the final part of your sentence.