The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Mancini is such a negative manager. If I was a shitty fan I'd want him oot. Still, be thankful for small mercy, I'd imagine a more positive manager would work wonders with the players and resources at City's disposal.

Won them the FA Cup last year?  Has put them in a position to challenge for the league.  Deserves another season (unless it does tits up early).

I didn't say he, or even that style of footy, wasn't successful. All I'm saying is that if my team had spent £500 mil on players and deployed 'safety' first tactics, I'd be getting awfully frustrated. Especially considering the potential of the squad available.

Awfully frustrated with an FA cup and 3rd place? Right.

Not to mention that European tin-cup competition he's got them playing in as a result.  They're having a bad time in Manchester.

Watching the highlights on ITV from the Charity Shield. I know it eneded 3-2 but was it all foul, foul, foul or did some football actually take place? Listening to the radio on the way back from work, they were milking it as a great advert for football. From what I've seen its anything but!

1. Man U completely wiped the floor with City, bar brief periods where City dominated and scored.

2. Anderson, Cleverly, Wellback slotted in ceaselessly and played very well. Both Carrick and Berbatov should really, really worry about their places.

3. David de Gea is excellent. Made costly mistakes, but otherwise every inch a top class keeper should be.

4. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling are top class. Confirmed future England centre back partnership.

Given this performance, I can't see past Man U for the Premiership. And it is not as if Man City are shit. They are not. They will do very well this season.

1. Man U completely wiped the floor with City, bar brief periods where City dominated and scored.

2. Anderson, Cleverly, Wellback slotted in ceaselessly and played very well. Both Carrick and Berbatov should really, really worry about their places.

3. David de Gea is excellent. Made costly mistakes, but otherwise every inch a top class keeper should be.

4. Phil Jones and Chris Smalling are top class. Confirmed future England centre back partnership.

Given this performance, I can't see past Man U for the Premiership. And it is not as if Man City are shit. They are not. They will do very well this season.

only 2 mistakes for the goals! is that really excellent?

also, how did nolan do for WestHam?

Almost poached a goal, didn't do much though.

Craig brown said he was pleased as they restricted celtic goal attempts. Also said there keeper barely had a save. They had 25 shots and 13 on target