The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Was SSN tonight, how the hell did Tony Cottee ever get a job as a pundit?

When asked where Nasri would fit into Man City his reply was "I dunno."   Then 5 minutes later he asked how you pronounce Shrewsbury.

Could ask that about most "pundits" who appear on SSN. Utterly clueless and taken no time to do some research.

Wisła Kraków 4 minutes from being the first Polish club to qualify for the Champions League group stage in 15 years, sigh.

Even Cypriot football outshines Polish now  :troll:

Of course they do, the state of Polish football is absolutely shocking. Poor, lazy and unmotivated players combined with clueless coaches and an useless FA.

16 out of the 24 players in the Wisła Kraków squad are foreign, otherwise they would have got knocked out in the first round.

QPR manager Neil Warnock says he is glad to be out of the Carling Cup following their 2-0 home defeat to League One Rochdale.

Rangers were one of four Premier League sides to lose to lower-league opposition on Tuesday.

"I don't think people care about the competition," said Warnock, noting the crowd of 4,775 at Loftus Road.

When asked if he was pleased to be out of the competition he replied: "Yes. They should revamp the cup."

QPR joined fellow promoted clubs Swansea and Norwich in exiting the Carling Cup at the first opportunity.

Swansea lost 3-1 away to League Two side Shrewsbury, while Norwich were hammered 4-0 at home by League One outfit MK Dons.

In addition to the promoted trio, Sunderland lost 1-0 at Brighton to ensure that half of the eight Premier League sides in action on Tuesday were defeated.

The average attendance of Tuesday's 16 Carling Cup ties was 7,631, with only three games attracting gates of more than 10,000

"I'm not disappointed to be out. The competition is not a priority for us," added Warnock, who made eight changes to the side that beat Everton on Saturday.

"If I can't get motivated for the competition I can't blame the players if they can't."

But Rochdale manager Steve Eyre queried Warnock's opinions.

"Neil didn't say before the game that he doesn't take it seriously," he said.

"To field a front line that has Adel Taarabt and Jay Bothroyd tells me it was taken quite seriously.

Eyre DESTROYING Warnock :memeyeah: