The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Do Scotland ever comfortably win? Desperately labouring to a 1-0 win at home to Lithuania. Deary me.

I can answer that with a no. Never.

Ever.

It's good fun though, might join the tartan army for the trip to Madrid, will be outstanding craic.

Starting to get p*ssed off that they go and play in a dump like Las Gaunas and they won't ever grace our corner of the land with a game. Never.

Half the starters are from Barcelona FFS.

Spain sure love playing their games at shoddy, small stadia. Am I right in thinking it's all to do with keeping the regions happy and backhanders and such. Sid Lowe was on about it before you played the Czechs but I can't remember what he said.

Spain sure love playing their games at shoddy, small stadia. Am I right in thinking it's all to do with keeping the regions happy and backhanders and such. Sid Lowe was on about it before you played the Czechs but I can't remember what he said.

The Spanish FA is immensely corrupt, yeah. That said, I like the idea of Spain playing throughout the country to get the team near the fans and not just the Madrid ones. However, it's quite sad that yesterday they were playing in a third flight stadium while they haven't been in Catalonia in 10 years.

That's what they always say, but they packed the stadium in 2002 and nothing has ever happened in the stands (heck, half the team are Barça players and there are more Catalans in the team than from any other Spanish region nowadays). It's all because the regional government doesn't care about it and won't grease the right palms.

Big game in the Brasil Serie A tonight Corinthians (3rd) v Flamengo (5th). If it was better to watch it would easily be one of the worlds best leagues, always tight as fuck at the top (currently 9pts seperate the top 9 after 22) and last few years it's usually gone down to the last day.

Cahill > Mertesacker because he's English. Phil Thompson is an idiot...

Tbh I don't think Mertesacker will be a big success for Arsenal. He's too slow and he's just not good going forward at all.

Perhaps, but if that was Thompson's reasoning.... :lol: