The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Makes Big Sams football look like Barcelona's.

I remember Big Sam's Bolton and, despite all their reputation, still had people like Djorkaeff, Okocha and Anelka turning out in their shirt and playing central roles for the team. There was always some beauty mixed up with all the brawn. But Pulis seems completely repulsed with the idea of having an ounce of flair in his squad.

Say what you like about them but they can be god damn effective at times. I certainly wouldn't have been complaining if we went in at the break 2-0 against Spurs, even in that fashion.

Just me, or has Shotton been surprisingly respectable on the wing? Plus, he can throw it pure far.

Say what you like about them but they can be god damn effective at times. I certainly wouldn't have been complaining if we went in at the break 2-0 against Spurs, even in that fashion.

Yup. As awful as it is sometimes, they've found a system which seems to be getting them points.

Just me, or has Shotton been surprisingly respectable on the wing? Plus, he can throw it pure far.

You beat this lot at the Britannia, though. It's not that great of a system.

Guest bimpy474

Makes Big Sams football look like Barcelona's.

I remember Big Sam's Bolton and, despite all their reputation, still had people like Djorkaeff, Okocha and Anelka turning out in their shirt and playing central roles for the team. There was always some beauty mixed up with all the brawn. But Pulis seems completely repulsed with the idea of having an ounce of flair in his squad.

Exactly how i saw it too, at least Sam's Bolton did have some skillful players and didn't always hoof it, this lot are just vulgar.

Yeah, plucky little Stoke squeezing the very best out of their limited funds.

Love how the media/fans refuse to raise expectations for Stoke, so that when they do alright - which they should be doing - it's seen as some sort of sensational achievement.

I suspect you're being ironic, as Stoke spend loads for a club their size.

Yeah. Spend £20 million a season, still play the same way, still terrible away from home and still playing Rory Delap.

Fantastic underdog spirit. Can't knock em you know.

Guest bimpy474

Crouch practically unplayable, is that commentator having a laugh, lanky streak of pissflap who can play a bit, hardly unplayable.

I suspect you're being ironic, as Stoke spend loads for a club their size.

Yeah. Spend £20 million a season, still play the same way, still terrible away from home and still playing Rory Delap.

Fantastic underdog spirit. Can't knock em you know.

:lol: Tbf to them, if they win they'll be up to 8th and they're already through in Europe.

They're hardly underachieving spectacularly.