The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Just reading about Germany's fan-ownership rules on Wikipedia, I would love that to be the case in England, unfortunately we're obviously a long way past that ever being a workable option. Fans having no power or say over what happens at their club is a fundamental problem and essentially goes against everything that football should be about.

Swansea are 20% owned by the supporters trust.

We're lucky that the rest are owned by local business men who are also fans.

Thoughts on tonight and the season ahead mate? Is there a confident expectation you'll stay up among your fans, or do you reckon you're here for the ride?

To be honest I have no idea what this will hold for us, like any fan hoping for the best, we'll be in our own mini league at the other end more likely. Target 1 is to beat Derby's record.

Not too hopeful tonight, we seem to freeze away to the bigger team, we did against Leeds in the first away game, we did against Newcastle a couple of years ago. A draw would seem a magnificent result.

Think QPR will have a long hard season, Blackburn don't look too healthy, Norwich and Wigan may struggle. If we can stay above at least 3 I'll be happy come May.

Gary Neville is not a completely terrible pundit. Talks a bit of sense, not as boring as I was expecting. Shame about the pedotache.

He was decent enough yesterday, though it might be because he had Redknapp next to him hence couldn't have sounded worse.

Neville is alright here, although would prefer Souness to have the Andy Gray role.

Think out of the promoted teams, Swansea have the best chance to stay up.

Agreed, Souness is a quality pundit.

He's what I call a proper pundit.

Neville doing pretty well tbf.

Was going to say "just goes to show great players make shite pundit (Shearer), whilst duffers (Neville) make decent ones"... then I remembered Neville was far from a duffer, just had a weird teenage bumfluff moustache until he was 30 and wasn't great with distribution or coming forward.

Neville doing pretty well tbf.

Was going to say "just goes to show great players make shite pundit (Shearer), whilst duffers (Neville) make decent ones"... then I remembered Neville was far from a duffer, just had a weird teenage bumfluff moustache until he was 30 and wasn't great with distribution or coming forward.

He keeps sticking his tongue out, possibly trying to lick his moustache.