The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

1625: "Tome Cleverley has learnt an awful lot from going out on loan," says Steve Claridge on BBC Radio 5 live. "This boy looks like a different kettle of fish to your Obertans..."

:lol: Fantastic.

1625: "Tome Cleverley has learnt an awful lot from going out on loan," says Steve Claridge on BBC Radio 5 live. "This boy looks like a different kettle of fish to your Obertans..."

Just class Obertan's first year of the five as a 'loan' year and we're laughing :thup:

And therein lies City's problem. If they lose a lead midway through a game, they'll never go on to win the game.

As soon as they went in at 2-0 up, I'd have put my house on them not scoring again. Way too defensive.

:lol: Fantastic.

He was nothing flash, even if he was it just shows what a bit of first team football can do for you.

Good result, surely one more step towards Mancini getting sacked and awarding all those riches to a manager that will make better use of them.

Not sure even SAF could do better with Clichy.

They were 2-0 up - hardly all Clichy's fault :lol:

Good result, surely one more step towards Mancini getting sacked and awarding all those riches to a manager that will make better use of them.

They were 2-0 up - hardly all Clichy's fault :lol:

Was more a dig at Clichy than anything serious.

Subbing in Gareth Barry for a striker when you're level is a terrible decision.

Add to it that this is afterall a tin pot trophy and you can afford giving the crowd a bit of spectacle, and it really compounds what kind of manager he is.

And therein lies City's problem. If they lose a lead midway through a game, they'll never go on to win the game.

As soon as they went in at 2-0 up, I'd have put my house on them not scoring again. Way too defensive.

They're normally deadly to score against. They brought Barry on too late today. He's shit but he's defensive at least. When they went 1-0 up against us last season in the FA Cup they had four holding midfielders on the pitch.

Also, it looks like Man U's preseason tour of the US did them a world of good.  They were clearly much fitter than Man City.  I wish our preseason tour would've been more like how Man U does theirs - they are here for over a month just training their asses off instead of trying to fit everything into two weeks.

Also, it looks like Man U's preseason tour of the US did them a world of good.  They were clearly much fitter than Man City.  I wish our preseason tour would've been more like how Man U does theirs - they are here for over a month just training their asses off instead of trying to fit everything into two weeks.

Aye, we did it like yourselves and it hasn't helped our fitness at all. Atrocious planning but our contract with the MLS to do these tours is up this season and we will probably ask to change the way it is organized. Pep has been quite vocal he isn't happy with it.