The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

My wife is Villa. I have not mentioned the game yet today, and I don't intend to mention it. Hell hath no fury...

I read this and thought you were about to make a really cutting analogy about what a lazy/dour so and so she was. Little did I suspect she supported them.

"My wife is Villa. She's predictable, boring, turgid, and she's got a gigantic, useless black man attached to her left side."

:lol: :lol:

That's Bimpy.

So hang on then, how come Spurs was glossed over as one of our 'easy' fixtures? They're a f***ing good team and will finish above us.

They've took 25 points from their last possible 27. No mention of who managed to match them and take points off them.

They did mention that in the game tbf. But that was it.

Parker has done exactly what Ben Arfa did on Saturday. One rule for one......

Apart from Ben Arfa massively fouled Richards from behind and didn't get the ball and Parker came in from the side and got the ball. Apart from that though, aye totally the same.

:lol:

Aye, in no way were those comparable

It was just smart from Richards. He got ahead of HBA and then stopped and when he felt HBA touched him he instantly fell down. It was the only thing Richards was looking for.

So hang on then, how come Spurs was glossed over as one of our 'easy' fixtures? They're a fucking good team and will finish above us.

They've took 25 points from their last possible 27. No mention of who managed to match them and take points off them.

They've been fucking terrific lately (didn't see the game today mind, but from the sound of it, they were again), and we matched them. I'd say that was one of our best games this season, both teams were very good, we might even have edged it. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them finish third this year.

@JackWilshere Jack Wilshere

All spurs fans buzzing that they are ahead of us in the league (for once). Its a marathon, not a sprint! I tell you what at the end of the season if spurs finish above arsenal I will give £3000 to charity and if arsenal finish above spurs every spurs fan that follows me must send me a pound each and I will give it to @Jack_Marshall_ charity! Do we have a deal THFC fans!?

51 seconds ago

:troll:

If he's that confident then he should make it more than a small portion of his weekly wage! :bluestar:

I was going to say that, but we don't know what his existing charitable commitments are (if any).

Is it still (or was it ever!) common practice for clubs to pay players who are set up as companies (offering services of football) so that they pay corporation tax (circa 28%) instead of top rate tax?

If he's that confident then he should make it more than a small portion of his weekly wage! :bluestar:

I was going to say that, but we don't know what his existing charitable commitments are (if any).

Is it still (or was it ever!) common practice for clubs to pay players who are set up as companies (offering services of football) so that they pay corporation tax (circa 28%) instead of top rate tax?

Aye, suppose. The old "I do a lot of work for charidee, don't like to take about it though".

How bad were villa by the way? :lol:

Yup. Villa were absolutely woeful. Emile Heskey on the left wing? ffs!!! :lol:

If that's a sign of things to come from them, can see them easily get suckered into a relegation battle come March.

Spurs were pissing about last night. If they really put their mind to it they could have racked up 6 or 7.