The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Didn't realise Insomnia had spat the dummy out already, horrible cunt.

Not been great has he?

Hard to tell if it's him or McLeish to blame really. Looks a bit slow to me.

remember when I had my ST, in the Milburn around 2003/04, we were stood above the tunnel at HT and noticed a proper massive packet of Chocolate digestives in the Man City dugout.

Before the players came out for the 2nd half, 2 Man City physio's/coaches appeared and my mate yelled 'Hew, who's are those digestives?' at them from above the tunnel.  One turned around and replied, 'Richard Dunne's.  Who else's would they be?'

Cool story, I know.  Just popped into my head when the camera zoomed in on Dunne.

Wasn't he in Barca's youth system in the first place?

Yes, apparently we cut him because he was too short...

Can't always get it right!

Barca...ditching a player for being too short!?

We also ditched Cuenca for being too frail. Resigned him a couple years later.

He's playing well at the moment.

Aye, he's playing the role that was assigned to Afellay - a more traditional winger that gives us width instead of cutting inside so much. He's surprised me a lot - the kid is supposed to have an unbelievable first touch but never had much hype on him.

Is Afellay injured atm or just out of the picture?

Knackered for 6 months IIRC.

Yep, ACL against Milan. Poor lad.

Shame, guess I missed that one completely.

How do you think Sánchez is getting on? I know you're a fan from before he arrived, but what are your thoughts on him so far? I think he's brilliant, but he seems to be one of those players that appears to be skating on ice in their trainers. Always slipping over  :D

He's been injured a lot, and only started featuring regularly in the last couple weeks. I actually didn't know him much since I don't watch Serie A often, but I'm liking him. Great workrate, he's easily our most high-energy player right now and has that aura of danger around him when he runs at people, which is something we lack when Messi isn't doing the running. He gets into a lot of blind alleys, but has pulled off some crazy runs too. Still early days, since he's had 3 league starts IIRC, due to injuries. 4 goals in 7 ain't a bad return either.

Aye, he's playing the role that was assigned to Afellay - a more traditional winger that gives us width instead of cutting inside so much. He's surprised me a lot - the kid is supposed to have an unbelievable first touch but never had much hype on him.

How do you think Sánchez is getting on? I know you're a fan from before he arrived, but what are your thoughts on him so far? I think he's brilliant, but he seems to be one of those players that appears to be skating on ice in their trainers. Always slipping over  :D

He's been injured a lot, and only started featuring regularly in the last couple weeks. I actually didn't know him much since I don't watch Serie A often, but I'm liking him. Great workrate, he's easily our most high-energy player right now and has that aura of danger around him when he runs at people, which is something we lack when Messi isn't doing the running. He gets into a lot of blind alleys, but has pulled off some crazy runs too. Still early days, since he's had 3 league starts IIRC, due to injuries.

:thup:

I always felt he'd be a perfect fit. On the face of it (especially if you watch his Youtube compilations) he appears to be a bit of a fancydan showboater, but he's actually a brilliant allround player. Amazing energy and workrate, good dribbler, good tackler, improving footballing brain. Not really been that prolific in the past but he does loads for the team as a whole and will create chances... perfect for when your team is built around Messi being the main source of goals.

10 points ahead of 8th and 9th (despite everton having 2 games in hand) is good considering the run of games we just had. Aslong as we don't completely bomb in the next few games we have a decent cushion.

He's been injured a lot, and only started featuring regularly in the last couple weeks. I actually didn't know him much since I don't watch Serie A often, but I'm liking him. Great workrate, he's easily our most high-energy player right now and has that aura of danger around him when he runs at people, which is something we lack when Messi isn't doing the running. He gets into a lot of blind alleys, but has pulled off some crazy runs too. Still early days, since he's had 3 league starts IIRC, due to injuries.

:thup:

I always felt he'd be a perfect fit. On the face of it (especially if you watch his Youtube compilations) he appears to be a bit of a fancydan showboater, but he's actually a brilliant allround player. Amazing energy and workrate, good dribbler, good tackler, improving footballing brain. Not really been that prolific in the past but he does loads for the team as a whole and will create chances... perfect for when your team is built around Messi being the main source of goals.

The first game he played for us was at the Bernabéu in the Supercopa. I remember how he chased a hopeless ball and ended up in a corner surrounded by Carvalho and Marcelo. I thought he would just try to eke out a corner from it, but somehow he slipped between those two, ran at the box, and managed a shot without angle that Casillas saved. That move made me a fan.

Emile has 500 PL games under his belt and I haven't got 1. Embarrassing.

I wonder how far down the appearance list you have to go to find a worse goal ratio for a striker.