The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

How are they potential winners if they can't qualify for the knockout stages?

You said during the 2010 WC that had England qualified for the next stage, they would have probably beaten Ghana.

Fuck off, Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave! ;D

I did? What a strange thing to make a mental note of. :lol:

@StanCollymore

Manchester City & Manchester United We at Channel 5 Football are delighted to have you on board. "Thursday Nights,Channel 5"

:iamatwat:

:lol:

will that really be so ? have channel 5 got an exclusive deal for the europa or can man utd/city sell their games to whoever. if so i'd guess itv would still take man utd up on it all be it for less ££££'s

think channel 5 get 1st pick on the games

You said during the 2010 WC that had England qualified for the next stage, they would have probably beaten Ghana.

:lol: I know, didn't even do it on purpose. :lol:

@StanCollymore

Manchester City & Manchester United We at Channel 5 Football are delighted to have you on board. "Thursday Nights,Channel 5"

will that really be so ? have channel 5 got an exclusive deal for the europa or can man utd/city sell their games to whoever. if so i'd guess itv would still take man utd up on it all be it for less ££££'s

do they have to agree a fee with the club  though (like having first refusal on a player)

@StanCollymore

do they have to agree a fee with the club  though (like having first refusal on a player)

Canny old but http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jun/04/channelfive.sportsrights?INTCMP=SRCH

Liverpool were on 5 all the time weren't they when they dropped in? I assume 5 will take Man United and ITV City on whatever channel.

Could this mean teams like Stoke - who've been working their balls off since the very early stages of the Europa -  now face being ignored as TV channels opt for the two 'glamour' clubs?

More than likely.

Could this mean teams like Stoke - who've been working their balls off since the very early stages of the Europa -  now face being ignored as TV channels opt for the two 'glamour' clubs?

Since it's Stoke, then yeah, why not?! :lol:

If it means Stoke not being shown I'll be fully behind the move.

:lol: I know, didn't even do it on purpose. :lol:

Well it's not the same thing anyway, I probably meant I thought we could have beaten Ghana. Not necessarily win the thing. Fuck knows.

@StanCollymore

Canny old but http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jun/04/channelfive.sportsrights?INTCMP=SRCH

Liverpool were on 5 all the time weren't they when they dropped in? I assume 5 will take Man United and ITV City on whatever channel.

wonder if that deal is in force as it says ch5 are guaranteed 15live games per year (which they must be close to already) the itv have so many 2nd choices etc. but no rights beyond quarter finals etc. probably makes sense but it;s not reported very well.