The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Scum: Westwood, O'Shea ©, Bardsley, Brown, Bramble, Richardson, Larsson, Colback, Vaughan, Sessegnon, Wickham.

BBurn: Robinson, Lowe, Salgado, Samba ©, Dann, Givet, Pedersen, Vukcevic, Dunn, Yakubu, Formica.

Howay Blackburnlona

Fucking Salgado and David Dunn.

Oh no. They're playing the "wet, cold day in Stoke" card.

AFAIK, we're the only ones to actually win in Stoke on a wet and cold Monday night.

WET

COLD

MONDAY

If your trip to the Britannia is short of any of those three factors, it's not a real away win in Stoke. :smug:

Madrid needed to have something to defend by an hour or so and they didn't. That excellent pressing was going to catch up with them at some point. had Ronaldo been more clinical in that first period they would've had something to defend by the time their legs started to wane. Whilst I agree they looked deflated and defeated, a large part of that was just tiredness. Hence Khedira coming on for Diarra making sense, gave the team more legs.

Ozil rarely completes games and was ineffective anyway. Perhaps Ronnie should've parted instead of Di Maria. Cronaldo had a shocker. IMO for RM to be beat Barca they need to be the greater physical force for the whole game. And for me they can't do that with both Alonso and Ozil playing against them. Ozil was also the worst at pressing and didn't create anything anyway. I think Khedira would've been better as a starting option.

Incidentally, was surprised to see some Real Madrid fans booing Cronaldo yesterday, the fairweather c***s.

Still, he needs to take a close look to himself and the way he plays lately. He has too much ability to just be a battering ram, which essentially is what he's done since he moved to Real Madrid. His stats are exploding, but I get the feeling his overall play has regressed. And the way he wasted possession yesterday was ludicrous.

A Real Madrid fan made me aware of this yesterday, too: if you take out penalties Higuaín has scored more goals in less games this season.

Never turning up against the arch-nemesis and having a 'mare is a fairly decent excuse to boo him imo. Considering he walks around like the dogs bollocks.

I'm more suprised that Jose has let him be like that than anything else. He used to berate J. Cole for showboating and not being enough of a team player. Ronaldo runs and shoots. That's all I ever see him do.

Madrid needed to have something to defend by an hour or so and they didn't. That excellent pressing was going to catch up with them at some point. had Ronaldo been more clinical in that first period they would've had something to defend by the time their legs started to wane. Whilst I agree they looked deflated and defeated, a large part of that was just tiredness. Hence Khedira coming on for Diarra making sense, gave the team more legs.

Ozil rarely completes games and was ineffective anyway. Perhaps Ronnie should've parted instead of Di Maria. Cronaldo had a shocker. IMO for RM to be beat Barca they need to be the greater physical force for the whole game. And for me they can't do that with both Alonso and Ozil playing against them. Ozil was also the worst at pressing and didn't create anything anyway. I think Khedira would've been better as a starting option.

There was a big debate on RM's side about doing just that, dumping Özil (who's had a rather bad season so far) and starting a Khedira-Xabi-Lass midfield. In my opinion, when Madrid have gone more toe-to-toe against us was in the Supercopa without that overly defensive midfield, so I think it was the good call. They also have a couple of very good offensive subs in Kaká and Higuaín when some of the guys upfront tire. But they deflated quite quickly, which may have been due to tiredness or mentality, I'm still not sure.

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

Late news on Blackburn team is that Ruben Rochina is not involved after having his wisdom teeth removed.

Cute.

I hope he makes it in England. Boy's talented and was getting his confidence back after those horrible injuries that stunted his development.