Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I hope his latest injury won't keep him out for as long as others did.

Need to keep him fit, we are so much better with him.

I thought it was just cramp. He was back on and looked surprised to be substituted.

Looked more than surprised. Looked positively disappointed. :(

Yh i thought he was injured but being told in match thread it's just cramp.

Apologise for the concern fellas :thup:

That's good then because we are so much better when he plays it's ridiculous.

Yeah we might even start to win some matches...

if it's a tactical decision - ie wanting Taylor's aerial presence as Sunderland pin us back - then it's a horrendous sub.

as an injury precaution it's a harder call to make as Colo might have pulled up, done his hamstring and been out for a month had he not came off, you never know. saying that he looked fine after receiving treatment for cramp. if he's not signalled to be subbed you don't bring off your best player and the guy who organises your defence.

It's easy to praise flair players like Beardsley, Ginola etc, or goal scorers like Shearer, but Coloccini might genuinely be the best footballer I've seen at the club in terms of ability, professionalism and consistency. He's simply outstanding.

It's easy to praise flair players like Beardsley, Ginola etc, or goal scorers like Shearer, but Coloccini might genuinely be the best footballer I've seen at the club in terms of ability, professionalism and consistency. He's simply outstanding.

:thup: I was quite emotional when Colo came off today, he was that good, and in such an important match in a hostile atmosphere too.

Guest Howaythetoon

The best player we've had since Shearer. He was magnificent today and I genuinely do not  think we would have conceded that goal had he still been on the pitch. That, considering he was returning from injury, was one of his best performances for us. How them lot can call him 'coco' is beyond me, they will never see a defender or even player like him in their colors for a long long time.