Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Don't know if they have history as Colo was gunning for him all game.

dont think there is, colo had a bit of a shitter by his standards and I think he just lost it as he'd been given the run around by suarez all game

Guest firetotheworks

Colo is above being critisised in this match tbh. More often than not he goes above and beyond what you expect of a defender. I'm not going to slag him off for Suarez's goal, when it was one possible mistake. In the world of defenders, this man is a genius and I absolutely love him as a player. 

Colo is above being critisised in this match tbh. More often than not he goes above and beyond what you expect of a defender. I'm not going to slag him off for Suarez's goal, when it was one possible mistake. In the world of defenders, this man is a genius and I absolutely love him as a player.

i agree apart from the fundamental mistakes he made in this match, he was still decent, he's allowed the odd bad game.

Sadly Suarez got the better of Coloccini and I think Colo reacted. Its not the first time, remember Bolton?

It was a red too, I'd be fumin had it been the other way round and Suarez had not been sent off.

Coloccini a beautiful man but he had a bad day at the office.

Colo lost his temper with the horrible little shitbag and no doubt intended on doing him then changes his mind. Going to be a HUGE loss for the three games he will miss.

Agree with this, bad moment for all concerned apart from Suarez the wee shite.

Colo lost his temper with the horrible little shitbag and no doubt intended on doing him then changes his mind. Going to be a HUGE loss for the three games he will miss.

Agree with this, bad moment for all concerned apart from Suarez the wee shite.

Yep, looks like he saw red and wanted to go for Suarez, only to then change his mind at the last second. Really unlucky considering he did the right thing in the end but it shows how easily players like Suarez can wind defenders up.

There was a moment where the two were chasing for a through ball and Colo got the better of him, only for Suarez to launch himself into Colo's back, knock him off balance and steal the ball back. Nothing was said of it - but that's how Suarez plays, he has this messy, battling style of thrashing about trying to win the ball or beat players which sort of disguises his constant fouling. He leaves his feet in, uses his hands etc constantly. If refs ever wised up to that like they have his theatrical diving he'd be a far less effective player.

I want nothing more than to Argentina to line up against Uruguay in their next competitive match and would just love the Argies to take the abs. piss out of Suarez.  What a twat of a footballer.

Suarez wriggled clear of Colo only twice in the game and Colo never even touched him in the red card incident.

Youd think we lost the way all sources have bulled Suarez and Liverpool up over that game.

We shouldnt fall for the media hype.

Suarez wriggled clear of Colo only twice in the game and Colo never even touched him in the red card incident.

Youd think we lost the way all sources have bulled Suarez and Liverpool up over that game.

We shouldnt fall for the media hype.

:sadnod:

Non-stop wanking over that goal, how Coloccini's was a red beyond a shadow of doubt, how dominant Liverpool were. We got a f***ing draw at Anfield ffs, and our goal was also as w***worthy.

A lot of the times Suarez beat Colo, he seemed to get a lucky bounce of the ball, i.e. Colo would make a challenge, make contact and the ball somehow bobble through to Suarez's path. Can't recall him beating him cleanly much throughout the match. Was the same for a lot of challenges on Saurez from other players too, I guess that's to the credit of Saurez's tenacity. Must say I found it frustrating just watching so I can imagine how frustrating it must be for the players.

Coloccini got found out on a couple of occasions; that's cos he was told to charge out to prevent attacks moving into the final phase - like a 'stopper', if you want to use FM terms. He's never been any good on the turn and that's why he was out of position a few times. The Stirling shot/Taylor blockage for example. Coloccini's better when he's told to play deeper imo; you could argue that his ability to read the game should make him ideal for a stopper role, but he just isn't quick enough. Especially when your opponent is Suarez.

Coloccini got found out on a couple of occasions; that's cos he was told to charge out to prevent attacks moving into the final phase - like a 'stopper', if you want to use FM terms. He's never been any good on the turn and that's why he was out of position a few times. The Stirling shot/Taylor blockage for example. Coloccini's better when he's told to play deeper imo; you could argue that his ability to read the game should make him ideal for a stopper role, but he just isn't quick enough. Especially when your opponent is Suarez.

i did notice Colo charged out a lot during that game to close down the scouse attack, which left a huge gaping hole in our defence many times, whether that was due to his personal faustrations or Pardew's tactics i don't know for certain.

Colo had a very good first half. He lost the plot in the 2nd. But it's not like we should be losing without him in the coming three games anyways. Masisve loss obviously but don't think it will matter as we will win the next three.

i did notice Colo charged out a lot during that game to close down the scouse attack, which left a huge gaping hole in our defence many times, whether that was due to his personal faustrations or Pardew's tactics i don't know for certain.

I'd say that's his natural style of defending. He cuts out situations before they've developed by moving out early to make interceptions / tackles. He's very pro-active.

It's partly out of necessity, because when exposed or out of position, he doesn't have the strength or pace to recover. But he's worked his own particular style to a fine art, and most of the time, it's very effective.

Heard the back end of a call on Total Sport, questioning Colo and saying he nervous everytime he's on ball *Insert Facepalm*

Listened to it just now. Basically calling him a bad defender. Genuinely made me feel angry.