Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest Roger Kint

Its not bad but would rather nothing was said, however the press will carry on hounding him over it every chance they get.

It was in Sweden to Argie reporters you would assume, the idea the press was 'hounding' him is a bit daft considering how little the Argie press cared in the first place. They didnt even run the 'personal reasons' story over there.

Its not bad but would rather nothing was said, however the press will carry on hounding him over it every chance they get.

It was in Sweden to Argie reporters you would assume, the idea the press was 'hounding' him is a bit daft considering how little the Argie press cared in the first place. They didnt even run the 'personal reasons' story over there.

Argie presser but ends up in the Journal, maybe not hounded but every time he meets the media they will ask hum about it.

Guest Roger Kint

Argie presser but ends up in the Journal, maybe not hounded but every time he meets the media they will ask hum about it.

What has being in the Journal got to do with it? You prefer they ignore stories about out players now?

Not in Argie starting XI tomorrow.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'd be gutted if I were you :lol:

Might come on in the second half like :)

On a plane to Argentina, that's why he's not starting. :troll:

I'm happy he seems and confident he will remain thoroughly professional on the pitch, but those statements are hardly befitting a club captain (again).

We all know what's coming in the summer. I'm happy with preserving the status quo, not rocking any boats til we are safe. Then like Ronaldo said to ease Mbiwa in in place of Colo. If there are plans to replace him with Douglas or another competent CH in the summer, we should be good. By all accounts we have Cabaye as a strong(er) candidate to take over the captaincy.

I'm guessing he means we only offered a 4 hear contract, and nothing shorter.

So...

Why did he sign it?

Personal problems not evident at that time and he was prepared to see out the contract, see above.

Nope, it was reported that the problems were already evident iirc at the time he signed.

Either he talks too little or he talks too much. :lol:

Fwiw I don't think there's much to read into his recent interviews. We all know he's more than likely to leave in the summer and his situation or interviews are not affecting the team performances atm. As long as he's professional with his job currently, we can leave certain things til the summer.

Guest expat in the pool

So...

Why did he sign it?

Personal problems not evident at that time and he was prepared to see out the contract, see above.

Nope, it was reported that the problems were already evident iirc at the time he signed.

meaning he was at it then but hadn't been caught

So...

Why did he sign it?

Doesn't say that in the interview.

Guest expat in the pool

him and his advisors seem to think that if he keeps complimenting newcastle club/city/fans then we'll let him sail off into the sunset for nothing in the summer, they think we are stupid or they are.

if in summer they come up with 4mil i'd be happy, he has 3 years left and realistically can you see him being first choice (justifying large wage) in 2years nevermind 3.

anything less sell him to qpr

On the other hand, he's given us very good service, and assuming the personal stuff is true (most likely seems breakdown of relationship with wife whose taken the kids back to Argentina?) then I can understand the club repaying his service with letting him go back. It's the whole San Lorenzo acting like 'saviours' that winds me up. He's given us reasonable notice now, we can replace him in summer. These things happen and his family are in the long term more important to him almost certainly. Know it's awful to give up on such a great defender but talking like we should punish him by keeping him here another season? He's done too much for us to deserve that.

Guest expat in the pool

With 3 years left, he's surely worth a lot more than £4m. It's like trying to buy Vidic from Man Utd with 3 years left on his contract.

the last year of contract he'll be nearly 35, will he be playin regular or sitting on bench collecting big wages costing us money.

what i'm saying is he'll be worth his money for next 2 years but will he for final year. so if someone is buying him what would they offer him, surely not a 3 year on the big wages he's on now, maybe 2 years on big money or 3 on average wage

Guest expat in the pool

On the other hand, he's given us very good service, and assuming the personal stuff is true (most likely seems breakdown of relationship with wife whose taken the kids back to Argentina?) then I can understand the club repaying his service with letting him go back. It's the whole San Lorenzo acting like 'saviours' that winds me up. He's given us reasonable notice now, we can replace him in summer. These things happen and his family are in the long term more important to him almost certainly. Know it's awful to give up on such a great defender but talking like we should punish him by keeping him here another season? He's done too much for us to deserve that.

he has performed for us but he was paid very well to do so and not love the love of his beloved newcastle cos his beloved is san lorenzo.

this will be a business decision and he is an asset and if we can get the value of 2 years of his contract for him then we could get away with the liability of his final year's salary