Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Very poor for that 2nd goal. Normally put it down to just a bad moment and get on with it but with all the drama around him it will probably be highlighted more than usual.

Do hope we play Yanga-Mbiwa in the Europe and see how he does. Can't sign a £7m player as highly rated as him and keep him in the cold for too long.

His lack of pace is getting badly exposed as he ages. Him leaving in the summer may not be the worst thing going forward. Been a great player and servant to the club over the past 5 years but it may allow us to get another more athletic defender in addition to Yanga-Mbiwa.

May have given away a silly free kick for the first but if Perch bothers himself to jump and take a whack in the face for the cause the free kick doesn't go in.

To be fair to Perch, Sissoko motioned at the other players in the wall not to jump.

May have given away a silly free kick for the first but if Perch bothers himself to jump and take a whack in the face for the cause the free kick doesn't go in.

To be fair to Perch, Sissoko motioned at the other players in the wall not to jump.

Surely by the time the ball is nearly at Perch's head, he knows it's not going underneath him. It's not like it was hit particularly hard. I don't think preparing not to jump is much of an excuse as far as this one goes.

Surely by the time the ball is nearly at Perch's head, he knows it's not going underneath him. It's not like it was hit particularly hard. I don't think preparing not to jump is much of an excuse as far as this one goes.

Good point Wullie. Regardless of the instructions, Jonas obviously realized the ball was being lifted and reacted accordingly.

Aye Perch watched it all the way for some reason. The type of freekick picks up pace and it went very low in the end. 

Still Colo's fault for allowing the whole situation.

i didn't think it was a free kick for the 1st goal. Dempsey seemed to just spin and fall and i didn't think colo touched him. 2nd goal Taylor made a right hash of challenginf Adebayour, Colo made a rubbish challenge and Perch stood and watched it all unfold. I'm also not sure that Bales shot was going in till it hit Kruls foot. Tell better when i've seen motd tonight.

Guest palnese

Sadly I think he's past his best.  Poor foul for 1st goal and poor overall for the 2nd.

You can't blame him too much for the goals. The first one is on Perch, and the second was a mix up. It happens.

Sadly I think he's past his best.  Poor foul for 1st goal and poor overall for the 2nd.

You can't blame him too much for the goals. The first one is on Perch, and the second was a mix up. It happens.

He made stupid errors for both goals, it's as simple as that. Physically he's not what he was and we're suffering.

Guest neesy111

He made stupid errors for both goals, it's as simple as that. Physically he's not what he was and we're suffering.

:thup:

Guest palnese

Fair point, but things like this happen all the time on the pitch. You can blame Taylor just as much as Colo for the 2nd.

Guest neesy111

Fair point, but things like this happen all the time on the pitch. You can blame Taylor just as much as Colo for the 2nd.

Correct but colo has got too much leeway for many mistakes this season IMO.

Guest palnese

Correct but colo has got too much leeway for many mistakes this season IMO.

I agree.

Coloccini didn't cost us 2 goals today, I find it laughable that some are blaming him for the both even though I would agree that he had a part in both.  He didn't give away the first goal, he gave away a free kick and defenders do that regularly, or they will if they tackle because they'll never get them 100% right every time.  Perch should have blocked the first with his head and he not doing so cost us the first.  People using the 2 others in the wall not jumping as a defence for Perch, it isn’t because Perch was the only player in the wall who could and should have blocked the shot.

The 2nd was down to Coloccini and Taylor, Taylor screwed up slightly and Coloccini repeated that with his failed attempt at a tackle.  I wouldn't be surprised if the broken nose suffered by Ba played some part in his failed tackle because if he was going to get the ball today he was going to have to raise his foot again, although not in the same way as he had to last weekend.

I thought he had a poor game but not that poor a game, no reason to believe it's not just a mild fluctuation in his form and he'll be good again next game. People tagging it into some big decline are over-egging it, think he is found wanting for pace mind. I do find it hard to justify taylor being dropped either is the problem.

I thought he had a poor game but not that poor a game, no reason to believe it's not just a mild fluctuation in his form and he'll be good again next game. People tagging it into some big decline are over-egging it, think he is found wanting for pace mind. I do find it hard to justify taylor being dropped either is the problem.

Coloccini has never had pace, at least not while he's been here.  It shouldn't be forgotten that he's a very good player with the ball and could easily have had an assist today with a brilliant ball into the Spurs box.