Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

is it true they have the same micky mouse movie on at xmas every year in sweden? one of our neighbours is swedish and they say its a bit of a tradition to get together to watch it ( a bit like the queens speech, but better)

is it true they have the same micky mouse movie on at xmas every year in sweden? one of our neighbours is swedish and they say its a bit of a tradition to get together to watch it ( a bit like the queens speech, but better)

Aye.

It's called Donald Duck's Christmas, and yes: one hour of classic Disney clips at 3pm. It's brilliant.

Christian Martin (@askomartin) tweeted at 9:09 AM on Tue, Feb 05, 2013:

@henrywinter NUFC skipper Fabricio Coloccini speaks out on Fox Sports Latin America "I thought about walking out but I changed my mind"

(

)

Coloccini to Fox Sports L America "I love NUFC as a whole. I skip a huge club and I'm fully focus on helping to stay up"

Coloccini to Fox Sports L America "I've been away from home for 13 years and I miss it. Now is about NU staying up and we will"

Coloccini on Fox Sports L America "I wasn't about the £. They were personal reasons and The club and Manager have been great"

Coloccini to Fox Sports L America "I love NUFC as a whole. I skip a huge club and I'm fully focus on helping to stay up"

Coloccini to Fox Sports L America "I've been away from home for 13 years and I miss it. Now is about NU staying up and we will"

Coloccini on Fox Sports L America "I wasn't about the £. They were personal reasons and The club and Manager have been great"

Good quotes. Seems like theres a pretty good chance this will be our captains last season.

Good quotes. Seems like theres a pretty good chance this will be our captains last season.

I'd read it as saying he'll almost certainly be leaving in the summer, tbh.

Well at least he's making it clear, not staying quiet like Joké Enrique.

Well at least he's making it clear, not staying quiet like Joké Enrique.

Who knows, but the summer will give him time and space to consider things and it may refresh his desire to be part of our future, which looks a bit rosier right now.

If it's a return to Argentina he wants, the problem of financing the deal will still exist.

http://www.nufcblog.org/2013/02/coloccini-not-thinking-about-summer-move-and-concentrating-on-newcastle-united-but/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=coloccini-not-thinking-about-summer-move-and-concentrating-on-newcastle-united-but/

Interviewer: “What happened? Why didn’t you play in San Lorenzo and why did you stay in Newcastle?”

Coloccini: “Let me be clear that there are many versions, some of which were lies and some which were right to some extent. At the moment you know that I had spoken with people from Newcastle to go back to Argentina for personal motives, all San Lorenzo did was open their doors and give me all the support I could get, beyond playing or not playing for San Lorenzo. Of course I said that if I could dissociate myself from Newcastle they wanted me to play there, and the illusion was mine too because I’m a fan. But hey, I was not going to untie myself from Newcastle because I wanted to go to San Lorenzo. There was nothing I could do … The issue was that I wanted to return to Argentina for “x” reasons and well, after San Lorenzo emerged it became part of the story of San Lorenzo.”

Interviewer: “What, you owed ​​money? Because that was put in place in Argentina. That you wanted to go and that was the way to pay the debt that they had with ​​you.”

Coloccini: “No, not at all. In Newcastle they have treated me in an excellent way. I am grateful to this day to the people, the fans, the club also. The only situation was that I needed to return to Argentina for personal reasons. Then, as I said in the letter, many things were out of my hands. Newcastle fought for their interests and they had the last word. The situation is not something that was intended… Not that there was a strategy to return to San Lorenzo… Nothing could be done…”

Interviewer: “You didn’t have to renew your contract in October…”

Coloccini: “Firstly, it would not have been possible not to renew my contract. Secondly, I had found my home to live in Newcastle to be with my family. So I had already prepared everything to spend the 4 years I have left in Newcastle. After these problems arose and I decided to talk to the club to ask them to please let me go, I needed to be in Argentina and all hell broke loose.”

Interviewer: “So we have to wait a few months to open the book again. It will be a new chapter…

Coloccini: “If. The truth is that I am not thinking about it, what comes in May and June, because I want to focus squarely on Newcastle. I think I owe them for the way they have treated me in the last five years and I want to give my best on the pitch. And then, well, we’ll see later. The idea of returning to Argentina remains because I need to.”

Interviewer: “Many fans were hoping for your return,.. What messages do you have for them all?”

Coloccini: “It’s hard because I cannot speak as a fan and as someone who is inside the club. The message is the same as we are all fans of San Lorenzo and we should support the team and get the maximum points possible. I hope we start well and put up a good fight for what we all love, which is the Championship. Well, today there has been much talk of winning the Championship, but first I’d like to win the necessary points and then fight another fight, whatever comes.”.

I'm guessing he means we only offered a 4 hear contract, and nothing shorter.

Yeah, this is possible.

Well, at least he's here till summer. Gives us a chance to organise ourselves with plenty of notice. Another top CB is now a priority. Taylor - Mbiwa would be OK but we need a third.

Who would you replace him with .... Toby Alderweireld?

Douglas on a free will be nice provided we don't get involved in the multi-agent/ entourage nonsense. We'll then have a very good mix of central defenders.