Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Feel that if Taylor wasnt English he wouldnt of got in the team next to M'biwa and Colo when M'biwa first arrived, but hes certainly proved himself to be important and worthy of his spot. I'd be tempted to play Coloccini in Tiotes place for a game or two just to kept the partnership at the back and play Colo at the same time.

Not this s*** again :facepalm:

As a possibility it makes sense , hes not here forever and we need to make the most of him we can and if Pardew doesnt want to play him CB i'd be more than happy with him at DM.

Can you name a single occasion when Colo has played as a defensive midfielder (in the Prem) and not looked terrible?

More importantly, has he ever shown enough that he could justifiably keep Tiote (or Anita) out of the team as a DM?

Ultimately it is up to what Pardew, coaches and players think.  If they are happy with the situation with Colo and they are supposed to know the "real" story, then there shouldn't be a problem.

I do think the captain of a club should be more media friendly but by all accounts, he has been a very good captain to his teammates behind the scenes and is quite influential.

Guest firetotheworks

Nobody accused him of being an idiot. He's basically performed his contractual obligations, just not the ethical obligations of a club captain of a struggling PL team that's paid a large sum of money for him and to him.

Im sorry, but what? Ethical obligations of a club captain? That's more important than his obligations as a husband then?

The truth is that we don't know what the fuck is going on with Colo, but I have enough faith in human decency to give someone that has always been a model pro to not be low enough to lie about his wifes health.

Don't play dumb Mick. There's a lot more to it than just going home when he's injured, and no-one's called him the anti-christ, merely questioned his commitment for obvious reasons.

He's injured after breaking 2 bones in his back while playing for us, is that not enough commitment from him?  We don't know what the personal problems are that he or his family have yet he's not being given much, if any benefit of doubt by some.  Coloccini has been a perfect pro since joining us before something cropped up and that seems to have been forgotten by some people. 

Colo's been poor for the majority of this season. IMO part of it must be down to his "issues" and wanting to leave.

"He's done nothing wrong" is laughable.

What do you know that he's done wrong? 

Nobody accused him of being an idiot. He's basically performed his contractual obligations, just not the ethical obligations of a club captain of a struggling PL team that's paid a large sum of money for him and to him.

Im sorry, but what? Ethical obligations of a club captain? That's more important than his obligations as a husband then?

The truth is that we don't know what the fuck is going on with Colo, but I have enough faith in human decency to give someone that has always been a model pro to not be low enough to lie about his wifes health.

Well, we'll see, but I don't think it has a thing to do with his wife other than she wants to go back to Argentina too.

Wish it was more clear just what was going on here. I hope the club are handling it in the correct manner, whatever is going on with Coloccini. He is certainly getting plenty of space and time to himself.

I was at the Villa game when he played DM. He was f***ing woeful

Bit harsh, he came on to help us see out the game making a goal saving challenge in the process.... i don't want him there again but still i don't think he was woeful.

Wish it was more clear just what was going on here. I hope the club are handling it in the correct manner, whatever is going on with Coloccini. He is certainly getting plenty of space and time to himself.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

I'm not advocating it in any way but hasn't Colo only ever played one/part of a game for us as a DM? Also hasn't he played that position quite a few times for other clubs?

He did, Man City away when we lost 2-1, Edgar crossing for Carroll late on.

I'm not advocating it in any way but hasn't Colo only ever played one/part of a game for us as a DM? Also hasn't he played that position quite a few times for other clubs?

Aston Villa 0-1 Collins as well?

Guest bimpy474

Can't say i remember that one........hmmmm. :icon_scratch:

Can't say i remember that one........hmmmm. :icon_scratch:

Nile Ranger started, spring of 2011.

:anguish:

That game man.