Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

So Coloccini is the new player to hate as Jonas has been forgotten. Ridiculously harsh criticism based on a few average performances. Some even hoping he would've left us. :lol:

Williamson has been good recently but I strongly suspect that he can't keep this form all season as a starter. I'm sure Colo will be good again once he gets few games under his belt. Not that today was a bad performance either.

Don't hate him but can see he's on the way down and don't think our most balanced and solid back 4 includes him anymore.

All about partnerships at the end of the day and Williamson and Mapou feed of each other better and Mapou needs to play being Colo's deemed successor and all.

bingo. He's been great for the club (mostly) while he's been here but both sides would be best served if he left (thats of coarse assuming we replace him with an improvement on Williamson which is a laughable thought)

Coloccini is a world class defender.

Anyone who says that him leaving is GOOD for NUFC is an absolute...

fucking...

SPASTIC!

k thnx gdby lol x

He's nearly 32 now - top centre halves can often play into their mid 30's if they still have their organisation and physicality to back them, but those were never Colo's strengths - I think the end of this season would be a good time to let him move on.

Look forward to hearing what his ex, Ronaldo, has to say about this.

As soon as he can see the keyboard through the tears, he'll be here.

The irony of this coming from his two biggest fans on here. Both who think he's a good captain. :lol: Jokers.

Spot the lie in this sentence.

Dry your eyes mate.

You're the one who wants him to stay. I couldn't give a s*** if a coward who'd rather play in a Mickey Mouse league wants off. Let him go and lets build a defence for the future. One that doesn't get embarrassed by Norwich, Hull and Everton players.

Micky Mouse league :lol: Quite a few teams in that league would probably beat us, and that's with mostly only argentinian players :lol: 

We need a new centre back, preferably in January. Would love to promote from within but it doesn't seem like Good, Satka, Streete etc..are ready yet.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of home based players either, where are the likes of the pre-Everton Lescott's or Jagielka's? Someonein that mould would be perfect. Even an Arsenal Upson :lol:

Newcastle Utd to clarify Coloccini’s San Lorenzo comment

NEWCASTLE United will look to clarify an interview with Fabricio Coloccini in which the club’s captain claimed he wanted to sign for San Lorenzo.

Coloccini was quoted by Ole in Argentina as saying he wanted to join the club “as soon as possible”.

San Lorenzo tried and failed to sign Coloccini in January, and again in the summer, but Newcastle held on to the 31-year-old, who said he “respected” United’s hardline stance.

Coloccini returned to the starting XI for Saturday’s 2-1 win over Norwich City after a five-game absence.

And Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said he hadn’t yet spoken to Coloccini – who is under contract at St James’s Park until 2016 – about the interview.

“I don’t know much about it,” he said. “I haven’t spoken to him.

“I wasn’t aware of that, if I’m honest. But it’s difficult when players go home and they are interviewed. You never know if there’s any truth in it.”

Pardew felt Coloccini – who suffered a groin injury early last month – was “comfortable” on his comeback, though the Argentina international was at fault for Leroy Fer’s late goal.

“I thought he gave a controlled performance,” Pardew said.

“It’s very difficult to come into a Premier League game when you’ve been out for four (league) games.

“I thought he came in and looked comfortable. He’s an experienced player. He gives us that little bit of class. He almost got a clean sheet, but we switched off at a set play, which was disappointing.”

Fer’s goal was the first ninth-placed United had conceded in 266 minutes.

“If we’d got three clean sheets, I’d have been really, really pleased. But as it is, I’m delighted.”

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-to-clarify-coloccini-s-san-lorenzo-comments-1-6264915

Solid game, gives us that calmness at the back when in possession. This long pace and colo murdered didn't really work out as some predicted. Him and Williamson were very good at the back and covered each other well. Keep them in for Swansea. Harsh on Mym but our squad is looking stronger as the weeks go on, top players bench warming. Nice to see tbh.

That's real cute. He did OK tonight, though. Still think it's a little sad that the club captain who's started for Argentina in a WC QF needs to take orders from Mike Williamson, like.

Anyway, I think discussing Colo is a waste of time now. He badly wants to be off and will be as soon as the situation reaches breaking point.

Does what matter? That Williamson is showing himself as a better vocal leader? Think Tiote leads by better example as well.

It's certainly worthy of a thought.

Who shouts loudest, does it matter, not at all.

Does what matter? That Williamson is showing himself as a better vocal leader? Think Tiote leads by better example as well.

When looking at captaincy yes. Especially when the captain vocally does very little. While Tiote does very little shouting and looks to step up his game with the band on.

Colo looked like a confused old man out there first half. I was out for a meal second so didn't get to see it in much detail.

So biased. :lol:

It doesn't matter one bit that the club captain has to be bullied into marking correctly, lads.

So biased. :lol:

It doesn't matter one bit that the club captain has to be bullied into marking correctly, lads.

Bullied...:lol:

So biased I didn't want him to play today.

If only I was bastion of neutrality like yourself.

Thought he was shaky tonight and lucky for us we got away with it.

I would have Yanga back in for him against Swansea although I wouldn't have started Colo tonight.

If its true he's still looking to fuck off then I dont understand bringing him back in team while dropping yanga from the team and Tiote not being captain who were both doing great jobs