Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I don't mind him being at the club, until we see Mbemba he's still our best defender. It's possible that playing for a new manager might give him a short-term boost.

Don't like him being captain mind, he has zero leadership qualities.

And obviously we should still be signing a medium-term successor, that Yanga-Mbiwa lad from Roma looks a good option.

Not many questioned that when we finished 5th mind!

I don't mind him being at the club, until we see Mbemba he's still our best defender. It's possible that playing for a new manager might give him a short-term boost.

And obviously we should still be signing a medium-term successor, that Yanga-Mbiwa lad from Roma looks a good option.

I don't think I believe that Colo's amazing leadership inspired us to 5th place.

Because real leadership doesn't shine through when it's going well, it's when it goes badly you know all about a person as a leader of men.

Colo has obviously shown none.

Guest firetotheworks
:lol: Fucking daft, but entirely predictable decision. I honestly don't even care though, it's just funny.

Wait, what?! New contract?! Why?  :lol:

Well, we are finally going to put an aggressive and athletic centre back beside him, so let's see. Should make his like a lot easier, and hopefully get his performances back up.

God help us.

I don't get the timing of it. ???

Having Mbemba alongside him might help get him performing well again, but surely you wait until maybe nearer the New Year to actually wait and see first?

If he started the season brilliantly through to October/November then great, but wait and see first man.

It's only one extra year you know.

His contract runs for 2 years with an option of a third.  He should be getting phased out, not having a contract extension.  He's 34 years old and we should be replacing him now.

Can only assume it's to try and get a transfer fee for him

Is probably that. :thup:

We couldn't get anyone to pay for him when he had one year left, who the f*** is going to pay for him now? :lol:

They won't but that's why it's been structured for one more year with an option for another, to try and make sure we can get something for him instead of nothing.

It won't work like that obviously but the club will see it that way.

It's only one extra year you know.

His contract runs for 2 years with an option of a third.  He should be getting phased out, not having a contract extension.  He's 34 years old and we should be replacing him now.

I agree really, but if we're not buying anyone he could form a decent partnership with Mbemba for now.