Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Talksport  stuck their teeth into Colo for the letter about 20 mins ago. Called it incredibly patronising (ripped him apart for wanting to 'defend the city' when he won't even try and defend our goal, they thought that bit was especially rich) and hardly valid from someone who wanted to jump ship back to beefland a couple of years ago. Called the club cheeky for suddenly needing our support, when they've done whatever they've wanted for several years now without even having the decency to at least communicate with the fans. Also had some nice words about our fans, no deluded tag, just said that we will get behind the team if you show a positive approach to a game in addition to putting in a bit of effort. Even mentioned how a lot of fans would like to see us relegated in order to force regime change. Was pleasantly surprised if I'm honest.

Talksport  stuck their teeth into Colo for the letter about 20 mins ago. Called it incredibly patronising (ripped him apart for wanting to 'defend the city' when he won't even try and defend our goal, they thought that bit was especially rich) and hardly valid from someone who wanted to jump ship back to beefland a couple of years ago. Called the club cheeky for suddenly needing our support, when they've done whatever they've wanted for several years now without even having the decency to at least communicate with the fans. Also had some nice words about our fans, no deluded tag, just said that we will get behind the team if you show a positive approach to a game in addition to putting in a bit of effort. Even mentioned how a lot of fans would like to see us relegated in order to force regime change. Was pleasantly surprised if I'm honest.

That is a nice change from the usual, Deluded Geordie's, expectations too high etc etc...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-skipper-fabricio-coloccini-9247014

Looks like 'keith' needs to write another open letter... to colo's neighbours, this time.

“It does appear that we could become victims of a non resident, Mr Coloccini, being an itinerant footballer, spoiling the environment for personal gain.”  ;D

Find it surprising that he wants to maintain a base here once he leaves so he can come back and visit although I guess he has spent 6 years here.  These days, players are more likely never to come back to the North East once they leave as they know from the outset they are just "passing through" and seem to make little effort to get to know the area.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-skipper-fabricio-coloccini-9247014

Looks like 'keith' needs to write another open letter... to colo's neighbours, this time.

“It does appear that we could become victims of a non resident, Mr Coloccini, being an itinerant footballer, spoiling the environment for personal gain.”  ;D

Find it surprising that he wants to maintain a base here once he leaves so he can come back and visit although I guess he has spent 6 years here.  These days, players are more likely never to come back to the North East once they leave as they know from the outset they are just "passing through" and seem to make little effort to get to know the area.

Despite the tag of forrins being mercenaries, many of them do seem to form a bond with the place. Albert, Tino, Bernard just to name a few. Ginola and Nobby too for that matter. I suppose the ones who show commitment start to get a feel for the place and get respect they might not have got elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Nah, nobody will pay a penny for him. He'll see out the last year of his deal, hopefully not as a starter.

IMO, if he's here, he starts unfortunately.

Our CB situation is so ridiculously dire and ill planned man. Three useless fuckers all entering their last year of their contracts, one youngster that up until this season we weren't sure if he was a CB or a LB and someone who by all accounts hasn't pulled up any trees in the Championship. If we were at all serious about improving as a club, we need to bin the three currently here and bring in three new ones of much higher quality.

I would give him another season alongside a competent partner and with a decently-coached midfield in front.

Let's face it, we're never going to get two CBs good enough to start over him.

Totally agree - he's been poor for a while but he certainly hasn't been the only one!

As I said on the other thread, I'd bring in Richards on a free and another commanding centre half and bin off Williamson and Saylor as we also have Dummett too!

• 1 month later...

I wonder if he can regain some of his form under McClaren. I doubt it will be the renaissance John Terry has had with Mourinho but I am sure he must be capable of showing more under a coach that is not Carver.