Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest Gomez

Don't know, the stories seem to be "HE'S MISSED A FRIENDLY- SO HE MUST BE LEAVING... also he has an achilles injury"

Is there actually anything more substantial than that, and the fact that the media keep linking Palacedew with every player from the 11/12 team?

According to the Mirror we are in a 'tug of war' with Palace.

Don't really see how it can be a tug of war given that he's an NUFC player and contracted for at least the next couple of years.

Only got 1 year left

If they're offering anywhere near the 6 million mentioned in the Mirror article it's an absolute no-brainer.

The preferred media partner's main use to the club seems to be to spread misinformation. Most of the Mirror's insights have turned out to be comical stabs in the dark.

For anyone saying we should let him go, are you saying so on the assumption that we are replacing him?

Otherwise it will be suicidal to go into the season with Taylor, Willo, Lacelles and possibly Mbemba.

“I’ve been delighted with Colo’s attitude. I hope that (he has a future at Newcastle) and it’s great that I’m coming in fresh because you’re not labelling everybody. I’ve looked at the squad, I’ve looked at Coloccini in training and he’s one of our best players. I know things were difficult last season but I want him out on the field in a Newcastle shirt playing for the team. I’m confident he will be.”

“I’ve been delighted with Colo’s attitude. I hope that (he has a future at Newcastle) and it’s great that I’m coming in fresh because you’re not labelling everybody. I’ve looked at the squad, I’ve looked at Coloccini in training and he’s one of our best players. I know things were difficult last season but I want him out on the field in a Newcastle shirt playing for the team. I’m confident he will be.”

i hope he fucks off but if he stays and mbemba is as fast and physical as they say he his then i could probably live with it for the remainder of his contract

Colo's essential really, unless we sign an experienced defender ready to slot in alongside Mbemba straightaway. I think he's been shit recently but without him we are down to absolute dross. Everyone needs to hope he has a great season.

Like him or not he's better to us fit than not given the state of the alternatives, be it in their playing style and ability or lack off, or being available in the first place.

It's an absolute shambles that we still lie with defensive issues so close to the season start. 

If this is what Ashley meant by bolting the horse on, id hate to think what he would class as pony. 

i'll get me coat.  :ninja: