Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

http://i.imgur.com/tWBiG8g.png

???

Look up. ^

Ah, this is from Ron's profile? Didn't even know that feature existed. Ron man :lol:

Never knew it existed either. Somehow I've got myself subscribed to the Game of Thrones thread which I don't remember ever even looking at

“I’ve come in and said to Lee (Charnley, United’s managing director) and the board that I’d like to see him playing. I haven’t seen that yet, so I can’t make a decision on the future."

Erm, have they actually told him that he has feck all say in who stays and who goes, or who comes and who doesn't?

“I’ve come in and said to Lee (Charnley, United’s managing director) and the board that I’d like to see him playing. I haven’t seen that yet, so I can’t make a decision on the future."

Erm, have they actually told him that he has feck all say in who stays and who goes, or who comes and who doesn't?

His quote suggests the exact opposite. It suggests they've asked him if he wants to keep Coloccini and he's said he wants to see him playing before he makes a decision.

At the end of the day if the head coach decides not to play someone its pointless for the club to keep them around so he absolutely does have a big influence on who stays.

Why do he need to wait to see him in action? Why don't he just look at some of the games from last season? Move it, Schteve!

You could use that to write off nearly all of our players TBF.

Which is why what he says doesn't make sense. You don't make a decision based on one fixture in pre-season. Wouldn't be surprised if Colo left.

I'd keep him until Southampton / window closes until we sign someone to partner Mbemba. I'd also happily remove him as captain and make him a plain old squad player as a backup CB. But I'm sure theta unrealistic.

assuming it's impossible to sign a partner for Mbemba by match 1, it's crucial he's fit to play that game next to the new fella.

He is still be far the best centre back on our books and I hope he gets the chance to play alongside Mbemba which will allow him to play his own game and not have to think about the likes of Williamson / Taylor.

He is still be far the best centre back on our books and I hope he gets the chance to play alongside Mbemba which will allow him to play his own game and not have to think about the likes of Williamson / Taylor.

http://s2.postimg.org/6975wpd6h/worms.jpg

“Colo has been training intermittently. We wanted him to play more games but we have not risked him.

“We would have liked to got more minutes against Gladbach but I think he has probably now got a full week with us next week and to train with the team.

“That for me will be vitally important because I know there has been a lot of speculation.

“The club said (to me) ‘Come in and assess the squad and the week before the end of pre-season let us know what you think’.”

For the second time this week McClaren says he wants Coloccini to remain part of his plans. The United head coach said: “There is a lot of speculation about Colo but he is still a big part of this football club.

“I’ve stressed how much I want him here and to be part of the team and squad and I have expressed that to him and the club.

“So yeah the speculation is the speculation, there has been no official approach by anybody or anyone. I hope Colo will be training with us on Tuesday.”