Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Guest neesy111

We've all known that Colo has been on the wane for some time. Another brilliant choice by the regime to always pick the cheaper option. :(

But he was fine and it wasnt a pen so I dont see the point.

It was a pen.

The Football Association's law on impeding an opponent says: " A player who places himself between an opponent and the ball for tactical reasons has not committed an offence as long as the ball is kept within playing distance and the player does not hold off the opponent with his arms or body.

"If the ball is within playing distance, the player may be fairly charged by an opponent."

Club cheaped out getting a replacement for him and now we're stuck with him for even longer.

It was a make or break decision and after years of wanting him gone I was prepared to see how the move to keep him panned out. Well it's panned out fucking shit...as expected.

This man cost us HBA, he was responsible for seeing him out the door so much more than Pardew.

No way it's going to happen but think we need 5 in January:

1. Keeper to replace the tub of lard (unless Darlow is up to the job which I doubt)

2. New CB

3. New LB

4. New CM

5. New CF

We need to get it right or it's back to the Championship.

1. Keeper to replace the tub of lard (unless Darlow is up to the job which I doubt)

2. New CB

3. New LB

4. New CM

5. New CF

We would only need 1 quality addition with the attributes the team needs in CB or CM to be comfortable. Get both and we have something pretty tasty. Won't happen.

2. New CB

3. New LB

4. New CM

5. New CF

I'm convinced we'll spend big on at least 3 of those, next season's money is just to big to miss out on

Guest neesy111

We've all known that Colo has been on the wane for some time. Another brilliant choice by the regime to always pick the cheaper option. :(

It was a pen.

it wasn't.

Aye, you're right as always mate....

It was a pen.

it wasn't.

Cheers.

It was a pen.

it wasn't.

Cheers.

It was a pen, had that happened up the other end we'd all have been going mental for a pen.

It was a pen.

it wasn't.

Cheers.

It was a pen, had that happened up the other end we'd all have been going mental for a pen.

By the letter of the law it's quite clearly not a penalty like. There's very little room for ambiguity in the wording.

It was a pen.

it wasn't.

Cheers.

Can you point to any similar pen which has been given so we can use that as a benchmark? I doubt it.

It was a pen.

it wasn't.

Cheers.

Because supporters scream for a penalty it doesn't mean it was one. For the reasoning, look at Wullie's post below yours, nothing more needs to be said on the matter.

Although Coloccini should have been replaced 2 seasons ago, he was NOT guilty of conceding a penalty yesterday...football should be a contact sport within the rules and always has been, but the art of defending has been sacrificed to continental tip-tap with the willing acquiescence of the FA/PL. Nobody wants to see over-the-top tackles or spitting etc but Colo's shouldering of his opponent yesterday WITHOUT grabbing him was not and never should be, a penalty.

This awful and possibly malicious decision by the referee could end up costing the club millions by causing relegation at the end of the season.

Nobody can do anything if referees - who I believe are now a law unto themselves with the active participation of the PL and FA - make clearly wrong decisions which affect matches. The game's ruling authorities are being exposed as open to corruption and I shall never forget Maradona's handball which put England out of the WC and yet was treated as a joke by FIFA...

Politics is now endemic in the game......

Sadly a clear fukkin Pen (in my view).  A desperate play by a defender who knows they are beaten to the ball. A sunday league play.

Ball was not within playing distance when Colo shoulders into Fletcher. Shoulder charges are legal when challenging for the ball, but the ball wasn't within playing distance. So its a foul and a penalty.

I would say that the 4 D's of DOGSO were not ALL there, so I disagree with the red card.

•Number of Defenders: not more than one defender between the foul and the goal, not counting the defender who committed the foul

•Distance to goal: the closer the foul is to the goal, the more likely it is an obvious goal scoring opportunity

•Distance to ball: the attacker must have been close enough to the ball at the time of the foul to continue playing the ball

•Direction of play: the attacker must have been moving toward the goal at the time the foul was committed

If any element is missing, there can be no send off for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity. Further, the presence of each of these elements must be “obvious” in order for the send-off to be appropriate under this provision of Law 12.

My problem with the Red Card was that the direction of play was away from the goal, and the distance to the ball was not immediately within reach.

Hope we'll see Dummett and Mbemba at CB together, think they might compliment each other well.

Tell Colo to f*** off home to San Lorenzo so he can suck off Aragorn.

At this time, Dummett + Mbemba is our best CB pair on paper. Unfortunately Colo's ban won't be long enough to see them together for a run of games. He'll take his place back no problems.

Not sure if it was a pen or not.  But I think it was a needless challenge and he gave the no mark, inexperienced ref a decision to make.  He crumbled under the pressure and gave it.  He could have just eased Fletcher out of it, he wasn't exactly subtle with his shoulder barge.  Elliot didn't help either.  Took an age to get there and when he did finally slide, he bottled it and went down in instalments.

I am absolutely sick of watching Colo every week, though.  Been finished for 2-3 seasons.  Flirted with leaving for ages and kept f***ing off back to Argentina.  Yet he's still our captain and starts every game?  Now he's just cost us the derby with a brain dead decision.  Hope he gets injured and never plays for us again. 

Speaking of the ref.  How did he get a game like that, when you have Mike Dean stood on the side lines?  Madness. 

Not sure if it was a pen or not.  But I think it was a needless challenge and he gave the no mark, inexperienced ref a decision to make.  He crumbled under the pressure and gave it.  He could have just eased Fletcher out of it, he wasn't exactly subtle with his shoulder barge.  Elliot didn't help either.  Took an age to get there and when he did finally slide, he bottled it and went down in instalments.

I am absolutely sick of watching Colo every week, though.  Been finished for 2-3 seasons.  Flirted with leaving for ages and kept f***ing off back to Argentina.  Yet he's still our captain and starts every game?  Now he's just cost us the derby with a brain dead decision.  Hope he gets injured and never plays for us again. 

Speaking of the ref.  How did he get a game like that, when you have Mike Dean stood on the side lines?  Madness. 

agree Nath should have been gone 2 years ago and we pay the price now ,sunday morning pub challenge ref says shoulder barge but in our case pen but Colo is a disaster area now and should have known better in that situation