Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

When were 90% of people happy we didn't sign a centre back? :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,97593.0.html

Obviously meant it a little tongue in cheek, but point is a centre back was a major issue since last summer, still is now and we missed a chance to do something about it in Jan. 88.1% were happy at how January went.

OK doesn't equal happy.

You're either happy with it or not. Being OK with it is being happy with it.

That wasn't the question, though.  The poll was about our transfer window.  Not specifically about a centre back.   

I actually went for 'pretty good.'  As I expected f*** all and we actually managed to sign some decent/reasonable players.  However, I did state that we're still light at the back and it may cost us.  I can't be arsed to read back through.  But I'm sure at the time, most people were bemoaning the lack of defensive reinforcements.  In an ideal world, we would have signed two more players.  A proper centre back and a goalscorer.  But considering I had very low standards going in, I was happy with it. 

Transfer window was pretty good to ok = 90% of people are happy we didn't sign a centre back.  :lol: 

Oh and I'd also say in this instance, that 'ok', would be more a feeling of indifference and middle of the road.  Not being overly happy about anything.  But I suppose that ruins your 90% argument :lol:

When were 90% of people happy we didn't sign a centre back? :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,97593.0.html

Obviously meant it a little tongue in cheek, but point is a centre back was a major issue since last summer, still is now and we missed a chance to do something about it in Jan. 88.1% were happy at how January went.

OK doesn't equal happy.

You're either happy with it or not. Being OK with it is being happy with it.

That wasn't the question, though.  The poll was about our transfer window.  Not specifically about a centre back.   

I actually went for 'pretty good.'  As I expected f*** all and we actually managed to sign some decent/reasonable players.  However, I did state that we're still light at the back and it may cost us.  I can't be arsed to read back through.  But I'm sure at the time, most people were bemoaning the lack of defensive reinforcements.  In an ideal world, we would have signed two more players.  A proper centre back and a goalscorer.  But considering I had very low standards going in, I was happy with it. 

Transfer window was pretty good to ok = 90% of people are happy we didn't sign a centre back.  :lol: 

Oh and I'd also say in this instance, that 'ok', would be more a feeling of indifference and middle of the road.  Not being overly happy about anything.  But I suppose that ruins your 90% argument :lol:

Being OK is endorsing, not being OK with it isn't. You're clutching at straws to say voting OK was being neither happy or unhappy with the window. It would need to say "undecided/indifferent" else.

Don't take it too seriously after I said it was a tounge in cheek comment. It was provocative on purpose cause I think in general the majority of our fans have so such low expectations they lap up money being spent instead of realising we haven't done enough.

The last two windows we desperately needed proven quality in defence and attack, we didn't go far enough and we are potentially going down as a result.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/13/rafa-benitez-newcastle-ruler-dressing-room-fabricio-coloccini-leicester-city?

“I have individual conversations, face-to-face, with some players. Coloccini was one. On Saturday we had a tactical training session. We were doing some movements I would like to do in the future so he came outside to see what we were doing and I was talking with him. He was really confident the team is good and will do well.”

Yeah the pictures from Saturday's session had them side by side during the session. Looked like they were gelling. Can see them getting along really well. Colo to join his staff next season should we stay up.

Yeah the pictures from Saturday's session had them side by side during the session. Looked like they were gelling. Can see them getting along really well. Colo to join his staff next season should we stay up.

If we relocate to Argentina maybe

You got all that from a photo of them standing next to each other?

Anyway, Colo has another year of his contract to go after it was extended. I doubt he'll hang up his boots at the end of this season.

Anyway, Colo has another year of his contract to go after it was extended. I doubt he'll hang up his boots at the end of this season.

Been watching Elementary lately, and Kaka's power of deduction are comparable to Sherlock's :lol:

I thought he had signed a 1 year extension? Utter stupidity if he's got 2 years left, he's already useless.

I thought he had signed a 1 year extension? Utter stupidity if he's got 2 years left, he's already useless.

His contract was due to end Summer 2016. It was extended to Summer 2017.

I sit in the northwest corner just below the box used by the tv companies.

coloccini was sat in a box along from it out in the open - nowt exciting about that.

However anyone know what was being berrated to him by some fans, ( we were one down) literary over the wall from him? he just sat there looking through them while they screamed at him. Was surreal. As spineless sitting on a chair as in the pitch it seems.

You think he should get into it with some random apes?

Not at all, just wondering if anyone knew what it was about. I'd have told them to fuck off or moved or something.

Telling the fans of a club you're captain of to fuck off is probably the worst suggestion I've ever heard. Also it would surely be more spineless to move away than sitting there and taking it

You think he should get into it with some random apes?

Not at all, just wondering if anyone knew what it was about. I'd have told them to f*** off or moved or something.

Telling the fans of a club you're captain of to f*** off is probably the worst suggestion I've ever heard. Also it would surely be more spineless to move away than sitting there and taking it

You're probably right.  Good job I'm not the captain!

Regardless of that, i still think he is as shit a captain as we've had in a Long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of pathetic that we are desperate for him to be fit for the run in, but watching fistipumps getting turned inside out while shots fly past as Mbemba contemplates lighting a spliff is a jolting reality check. This is what we went into the season with for one of the most financially lucrative seasons of all time.

Hopefully he'll never play for us again.

His time was done a long time ago and then the stupid f***ers gave him a new deal, ridiculous.

He will play for us again and I'd have him in before Taylor every game.