Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Is it wrong of me to be skeptical about this offer?

How many times have papers like the Sunday Sun told us of these great offers and increased wage packet only to find out there is either a catch or they are refusing to negotiate and the player is shown the door.

Get the contract talks in the press early to soften the blow of the inevitable.

Maybe I am being harsh. The only news I want to know about Coloccini's contract is that he has signed one, not that Llambais has made him an offer.

Was tempted to say the same.

We first heard he was offered a contract a few weeks ago then nothing has happened. Now the club have felt the need to leak details of their fantastic offer to the local press. If what Kevin Nolan said was true then what they say the offer is may have no resemblence to what it actually is.

As far as I can remember making details of the offer public were a feature of Enrique, Barton, and Nolan's contract negotiations. On the other hand I don't recall hearing anything about a new deal for Tiote until he actually signed.

Really really hope this deal gets done but you can't say there aren't reasons to be sceptical.

Quoted for Cajun's purposes.

It's in response to the posts right above mine, in the same vein. Do you want me to quote them? Or can you actually read?

What has that got to do with Murdoch or us apparently being in 2nd place? :lol:

Tbh, I did not consider the whole distinction between signed behind the scenes and contract offer leaked to the newspapers, but now that it has been pointed out, yes it does worry me. I was quite ambivalent about losing Carroll because of the transfer fees (though pissed that we didn't reinvest the money to strengthen the squad), annoyed when Enrique left (at both club and player) but I will be totally pissed if we don't go all out to get Colo to stay. Players like Barton and Nolan was the symbol of our club last few years and Colo is the epitome of our club now and for the next few years and tbh I like the new version of the club much better. Calm, stable and all moving in the same direction without players appearing on the front pages. Not extending Colo's contract for whatever reason (and I don't think he will be unreasonable) would be an unforgivable mistake even for supporters like me who tend to look on the positive side of things.

I remember there is a Tim Krul thread, but I couldn't find it in the first few pages. I tried the search function, and this is the only thread coming out.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,50137.175.html

Any explanation ?

Anyway, I was looking at the Premiership table, and I realised that Newcastle are currently the best defensive side in the enitre premierleague, by a fair distance one might say. And I think Tim Krul is crucial to this.

I remember there is a Tim Krul thread, but I couldn't find it in the first few pages. I tried the search function, and this is the only thread coming out.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,50137.175.html

Any explanation ?

Anyway, I was looking at the Premiership table, and I realised that Newcastle are currently the best defensive side in the enitre premierleague, by a fair distance one might say. And I think Tim Krul is crucial to this.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,71562.0.html

55k+ plus and five years means 12-13 million quid gross before any bonuses and image rights that might be offshore. What tax/NI do footballers pay? What's he looking at net? Six million or so over the five years?

Whatever it is, come on Colo, you know it makes sense!

Pardew had explained that this deal is going to take a long time. Colo uses an agent who does not speak English and is based in Argentina, and this agent is difficult to reach and deal with so they are having to hire Spanish speakers to write up and negotiate the contract, and make regular trips to Argentina.

not called upto the latest Argentina squad for their qualifiers (same as Jonas).....but Demechelis and Burdisso still got called even though they`re far from convincing as central defenders. The only other central defender in the squad is Federico Fernandez who is still very inexperienced....

Seems to be a fair few average players in there like Jose Sosa and Denis too.....

I suppose it`s good for us he`s not there but I feel a bit sorry for him since his form seems to go unnoticed.

BREAKING NEWS: NUFC TOP BRASS TO MAKE CONTACT WITH AGENT REGARDING NEW CONTRACT FOR ARGENTINE ACE

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/kamchatka/kamchatka0907/kamchatka090700231/5248428-people-in-mountains.jpg

:lol:

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/241/5248428peopleinmountain.jpg

These kind of articles serve one purpose alone.

Come the summer, we'll be hearing a club 'spokesperson' bleating on about how "he was offered a new contract in November."

Been taking some negativity pills this morning?

These kind of articles serve one purpose alone.

Come the summer, we'll be hearing a club 'spokesperson' bleating on about how "he was offered a new contract in November."

Been taking some negativity pills this morning?

Nah, just the usual 'FLUFFY KITTEN' pills he's been on since birth.

<We don't call each other that word here - BlueStar>