Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Did you see how quick the Spurs players closed us down? And they outnumbered us in the middle for 45 minutes.

Taylor carries the ball often which might result in a sideways pass but we still go forward as a result of the run.

I did yes, but i feel it would have been a lot of easier if we had someone who is better at striding out from the back like Colo does.

I suppose it did'nt help that the distance between the defence and the midfield was so far apart and we did improve in this regard in the second half when we had more numbers in midfield.

I definitely would get a CB in, we can't be missing Colo for too long especially with Taylor likely to break something at any moment.

Did you see how quick the Spurs players closed us down? And they outnumbered us in the middle for 45 minutes.

Taylor carries the ball often which might result in a sideways pass but we still go forward as a result of the run.

They were more up for/ready for the game for the first 45 no question. Don't think we'll find many teams pressing as hard as they did in that first 45, they chased everything. Was surprised by how lacklustre we were at that when it was one of our best attributes last season. Sure it was just first game lull

Apparently we need centre backs who distribute the ball better...

http://tf-chalkboards.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/images/0bf4f.png

:cheesy:

Not many of them were forward passes, which is my point Colo is fantastic at that and i still feel despite how well Perch and Saylor did that we missed Colo's distribution.

We need a CB anyway, i just would like that CB to be comfortable too and making the point.

Well of course, take the best player out of any team in the league and they'd be missed; it doesn't mean those who deputised let themselves down and we need to go out and replace them though. :lol:

We probably could do with one more CB, but I don't think it's fair to criticise those who we currently have and their distribution is by no means a concern like you've said it is (if anything, it's probably a plus point). Plus, if Perch can continue how he ended last season and started this one I wouldn't say a centre half is a priority, a full back and a striker are much more important.

What people forget here imo is the quality of midfielders. Spurs were pressing high and down right we had simpson. Taylor isn't the best passer in the world, and it seems like he more then understood so by the charts against spurs. It's more important to keep posession then trying something difficult and loose the ball, atleast the way we are playing now.

With Colo back and a right back of some calibre he will have more options whom are creative and worth passing to. As our backline was reduced to what it was, spurs knew where to hit us and tried alot at it aswell. I for one really like having tiote so far up the pitch, gives HBA more freedom down that side. But guess we'll have to get 10 games or so under the belt before we'll see the outcome of the tactic. Really worried about the penetration we've got without HBA though. As Papiss doesn't really have that trickery in his locker to dribble off a few and put a shot, actually looked quite a limited player out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Has it been mentioned that he's in the Argentina squad that plays against Paraguay and Peru in September?

its a bonus that the Everton game has been put back to the Monday for sky,  at least it gives Colo time to recover from the jet lag.  Wouldn't have fancied him going straight in on the Saturday against a team like Everton who play at a high tempo.

Guest bimpy474

Tell you what, i think i'd have drowned in me own cum if Cisse had completed that pass and Coloccini buried it 1-on-1. Would've been glorious.

That annoyed me, the pass wasn't even a hard one to make. Colo deserved better then.

Tell you what, i think i'd have drowned in me own cum if Cisse had completed that pass and Coloccini buried it 1-on-1. Would've been glorious.

That annoyed me, the pass wasn't even a hard one to make. Colo deserved better then.

Aye, I went mad at that, such an easy through ball to mess up.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, I went mad at that, such an easy through ball to mess up.

He didn't need to lift it either, should have been on the floor. Definitely off form is Pappy.

When Colo goes on a run you actually believe he can do a 'Messi' and take on half of their team. The man oozes class. A completely different player from his 1st season with us. Relegation helped him settle so much. What a hero.