Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Brilliant and deserves the plaudits from Pardew though I'm now very worried after the public lauding that we are effectively requesting offers on January.  I can see a ridiculous bid from the likes of Chelsea coming up....

Guest neesy111

Next week will be interesting though, he had a bit of a shocker for his standards against WBA (particularly Long) last year

Most of the team did that day, remember Perch having a mare as well at CB.

Next week will be interesting though, he had a bit of a shocker for his standards against WBA (particularly Long) last year

Just depends on how we set up, we tried to play the offside line in that one and got punished. We rectified that in the return leg mind, hopefully we set up the same.

Im sure we played a really high line against them, leaving ourselves exposed to the long ball to long.

Anyway, im sure he will learn from his mistakes.

Has he improved on his english yet?

Did Long play in the away game at West Brom?

I think he came on as a sub in the second-half and Colo came off at half-time. 

Scored their goal.

Wilo's defending for that :scared:

I remember him being bummed in the post match interview. :lol: "Mike, what happened there?"

Guest neesy111

Did Long play in the away game at West Brom?

I think he came on as a sub in the second-half and Colo came off at half-time. 

Scored their goal.

Wilo's defending for that :scared:

I remember him being bummed in the post match interview. :lol: "Mike, what happened there?"

I personally thought it was Krul's fault, but was an awful goal to concede by the defense and GK.

Guest firetotheworks

Quite frankly, the classiest and just downright best defender I have seen play for us. He is just Fucking. Brilliant.

The man oozes class (not the Mackem definition of class), worlds apart from the player we had first season. One of the best in the league at the minute. During the 2nd half the nerves only really kicked in when he was replaced.

Didn't think I'd ever see a better centre half than Woodgate but he's surpassed him for me now, absolutely brilliant.

Has for some time.

Oh, how I was laughed at when I said that 3 years back.

He wasnt at the time... :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Along with when you did that whole Andy Cole thing. Sometimes people are right and sometimes people are wrong. You're not special.