Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

Just don't know what we'd do without him, he's had to shore up the whole back line since Taylor's injury. Been phenomenal really.

Would be nice to put a bit of quality alongside him next season, particularly at full back.

right, doesn't it make even more annoying that pardew won't try anything different?  i'd even go to the extent of paying jonas and santon at FB's with colo, at least that would be 3 people who can play football out of 4

ferguson being the other option available he's not taking, or raylor of course when fit

Give Ferguson a game, at least I can forgive myself if he makes a defensive mistake. Santon and Benny on the right, Ferguson and Jonas on the left, sorted.

What's frustrating is he managed it last season for 60 mins a few times.has he got worse?no,can he offer something to us,of course he can.I honestly think hes a real player from the limited amount I've seen of him.he has an injury right now but he needs some run outs before the end of the season.under no circumstances should simpson have been given this much game time

Great player, but he's doing too much. He needs stop cover the flanks and leaving Williamson exposed, he isn't good enough to be left on his own. Would love to see him in a competent back four, would be awesome.

I hope one of the reasons that he signed a new deal is because he has been told we will sign him a good partner for next year, i doubt our club would do that though.

It would delight me to see Colo parntered with a top class centre half, who understands the game in the same way he does. We just can't rely on Taylor staying fit all season.

I heard it came from Williamson.

Llambias tried to give him a wage rise, he panicked, tried to give it to Simpson but he backed off, looked for Santon but he was nowhere to be seen and so Coloccini was left to pick up the pieces and take it himself.

Imagine what Colo would be like with a competent centre half alongside him! Can't wait to see that problem fixed, whether that be a new signing or Super Stevie Taylor (who did look good before the injury).