Fabricio Coloccini (now retired)

BeloEmre

I just cannot wait till he has his ideal partner in Taylor again. I doubt even Kompany would relish in playing beside a partner whose confidence is shot to bits at times.

Although I believe that Willo does seem to improve after any fatal blunder he commits. Could it be a case of fear of failure being washed away once it happens?

Love how some people just creep out of the wood work when certain players have a bad game.

He's having a poor season. Absolutely nothing wrong in pointing that out.

People need to accept that certain supporters don't give a flying f*** if it hurts them that we're criticising their most loved and favourite players.

No arguments there at all. He's not put in the near 10/10 displays he managed last season, and he still struggles with the same type of forward. But I find it ridiculous to question his commitment during a game like yesterday. Of course, when someone who is normally on top of his game makes a mistake, it gets highlighted more because it is not expected. I just don't think his temperament or his commitment can be questioned when you see what he's done for the rest of the game.

I certainly didn't question his commitment.

Yeah. He seemed to be involved in the game constantly for 90 minutes, so 2 or 3 below par moments doesn't seem too bad in that context.

Not sure if sarcasm...

What I'm trying to say is that he didn't hide. He clearly knew he made a hash of a couple of situations, but he put in the effort to try to rectify them. Which is the least I'd expect from such a brilliant footballer, and club captain no less.

Not sarcasm at all. He was everywhere last night.

[i think you need to rethink what you typed. Schoolboys wouldn't make the mistakes he made last night. Since the Liverpool game where he spent his time on the pitch trying 'to do' Suarez instead of concentrating on what he's paid to do he's been utter s***. Colo the Clown is well and truly back.

I think I can live with what I've typed, he's the least of our problems.

Playing like a player with no fear - of losing his place.

A f***ing cowardly defensive show tonight. At fault for both goals. (Tiote is a c*** aswell)

He played a part in both goals, other than that he was one of our better players.

I think you need to rethink what you typed. Schoolboys wouldn't make the mistakes he made last night. Since the Liverpool game where he spent his time on the pitch trying 'to do' Suarez instead of concentrating on what he's paid to do he's been utter s***. Colo the Clown is well and truly back.

:lol:

A f***ing cowardly defensive show tonight. At fault for both goals. (Tiote is a c*** aswell)

He played a part in both goals, other than that he was one of our better players.

I think you need to rethink what you typed. Schoolboys wouldn't make the mistakes he made last night. Since the Liverpool game where he spent his time on the pitch trying 'to do' Suarez instead of concentrating on what he's paid to do he's been utter shit. Colo the Clown is well and truly back.

I think you'll find it's Crumpy the Clown.

Just ready to forget he's been one of the best centre backs in the country for the last few years and the best centre back we've ever had just because he's had a few games lately where he's made a couple of mistakes.

We don't need you and your moronic opinions coming out every time things aren't going well, especially when it's somebody who's been carrying the club and been a complete rock.

I think you need to rethink what you typed. Schoolboys wouldn't make the mistakes he made last night. Since the Liverpool game where he spent his time on the pitch trying 'to do' Suarez instead of concentrating on what he's paid to do he's been utter shit. Colo the Clown is well and truly back.

Is this utter drivel really necessary? 

I made this point in another thread. people make excuses for some players.

Colo has made 3 mistakes that have led to goals in the last 3 games that have been all his own fault and people are blaming Williamson.

Colo let the team down dramatically for the Stoke & Fulham winners. Both primarily his fault through some of the worst marking/tracking i've seen.

If Colo plays to his abilities, we win/draw matches. It's that simple. He's not doing that and we're losing.

Because our defence is all over the place. Every time a team comes forward we look like conceding and Krul has probably saved 5-6 1 on 1s the past month. Coloccini is part of the defence ergo he could be classed as part of the problem, but until we sort it out and tighten up at the back nobody is going to come out looking good.

Because our defence is all over the place. Every time a team comes forward we look like conceding and Krul has probably saved 5-6 1 on 1s the past month. Coloccini is part of the defence ergo he could be classed as part of the problem, but until we sort it out and tighten up at the back nobody is going to come out looking good.

this si what i'm talking about. The Fulham winner was largely his fault. His man looked unmarked and he didn't even move! He was nowhere near the second ball for Stoke's winner. Nobody elses fault but his own. Against Kenwyne Jones most defenders will be in for a tough time in the air, the key is the second ball.

this si what i'm talking about. The Fulham winner was largely his fault. His man looked unmarked and he didn't even move! He was nowhere near the second ball for Stoke's winner. Nobody elses fault but his own. Against Kenwyne Jones most defenders will be in for a tough time in the air, the key is the second ball.

I don't think anyone is arguing the contrary. Everyone can see he was at fault for those two particular moments. But you're making it sound like he's in last chance saloon or something.

Coloccini isn't safe from criticism when he deserves it, just like any other player in our squad. Unlike every other player in our squad however, the times when Colo has let us done pale in comparison to the likes of Williamson, Simpson and the other usual suspects.

I don't think anyone is arguing the contrary. Everyone can see he was at fault for those two particular moments. But you're making it sound like he's in last chance saloon or something.

Coloccini isn't safe from criticism when he deserves it, just like any other player in our squad. Unlike every other player in our squad however, the times when Colo has let us done pale in comparison to the likes of Williamson, Simpson and the other usual suspects.

Exactly. No one is blind, we can see when Colo's at fault, but we are a much worse side defensively without him. Some people can't see the wood for the trees.

I find it quite funny how Colo got slated in his first year here. It was nothing to do with 'adapting' to the league, more that he wasn't getting any protection from midfield, in a poor performing side.

It wasn't until Hughton sorted out the defensive structure of the team, where we saw Colo thrive.

So here we are once again, defensive errors starting to creep/run back into our game. Is it Coloccini has lost a yard of pace/confidence? Or is it that our midfield has done nothing to protect our back four in recent weeks.

Under Hughton and right up to last year we had consistent back four and midfield, so long as Pardew keeps chopping and changing we won't get our solid defence back.

• 2 weeks later...

The f*** is this now then?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8355175/Newcastle-boss-Alan-Pardew-builds-bridges-with-Fabricio-Coloccini

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew admits to having fallen out with club captain Fabricio Coloccini prior to Saturday's 1-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers.

Tempers boiled over on the training ground during the week, but the issue has been quickly swept under the carpet.

Pardew made a point of celebrating a crucial win at St James' Park over the weekend with his skipper, with it important for all of those to Tyneside to be pulling in the same direction.

On his difference of opinion with Coloccini, Pardew said: "We fell out this week and we're entitled to do that, as the captain and the manager.

"It was just a silly little thing and I know he was determined to get the result.

"I just said to him before we walked out on the pitch, 'look we are both winners, we are allowed to fall out'.

"I said to him: 'Be our leader today, be a captain and make sure they don't get a sniff of goal'.

"And when you ask someone to do a job and they do it, it's only right that you pay your respects to them."